82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I think he’s struggled a bit the last two games, as you’d expect from a young lad at this level. But Walker getting rinsed repeatedly after coming on means there isn’t exactly a clear best pick.

Thought he was fine. There are definitely games where that narrow formation - three at the back, two DMs - is quite limiting. Fewer outlets for the outer central defenders, who need a wide option.

I think when we have 70%+ possession he is a real asset moving into midfield. In games like tonight where the opposition are more of a threat he has a lot to learn. Defensively he was all over the show in the 1st half.

Fish out of water defensively I agree,good on the eye when he turns and passes forward mind,big games lately which will stand him in good stead for when we play some muppets like Liverpool and that

As i have said before, he’s playing as a second no6 not a right back. Not a chance he makes it at this level as an out and out right back. With his current positions he’s being covered by all areas on the pitch.

Am I the only one who thinks he’s been a little over rated by everyone

If he were in his prime and cost 40m, he would have been slated for that performance. He's only 18 and people are right to view his performances in that context. Truth is, though, he isn't good enough for the big games yet. If he plays against Real or Bayern or PSG, we will be in trouble. Even Leipzig will be risky.

As i have said before, he’s playing as a second no6 not a right back. Not a chance he makes it at this level as an out and out right back. With his current positions he’s being covered by all areas on the pitch.
What makes you think that this outstanding 18 year right back who has now started games vs most of the top teams in England & is being used in a very specific way, due to his extremely high football IQ, won’t make it in the position he’s played all his career?

He is a great, young talent. Like all young talents, he will have great games, good games, mediocre games and poor games, but what a talent he is. Go on, Rico!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.