82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising really......but he has lost a bit of form.He had a poor game for the 21's the other night,he looked a bit lost positionally and couldnt really get his game going.

I doubt that's the reason seeing as his best games came when he was getting knocked about.

Think for the run-in we were always going to revert to our best defenders. He is useful if we want to change things up though and play him alongside Rodri although Stones can play that role.

Needs to bulk up a bit. His time will come. Could tell during certain games that he was being targeted and knocked about. Will feature again before the season ends, I'm sure.

Fair enough mate, but that seems to be the answer with all young players on here - bulk up a bit. He doesn’t need to do that at all. He’s only 18 and will only get stronger going forward.

he’s proven he can handle himself in lots of games.

As the business end of the season is getting nearer he was always going to play less.

I think Pep has found that balance without needing Rico. We weren't playing that well as a team and the spark and fire is back in the rest of the lads now. I'm sure we will still see Rico here and there but the team has been a lot better at both ends of the pitch recently, without him in the side.

We will probably see him vs Saints next week, Leicester the week after, and Sheffield. Walker will play against Bayern. Rico will get his chances.

We will probably see him vs Saints next week, Leicester the week after, and Sheffield. Walker will play against Bayern. Rico will get his chances.
In a much better situation RE: Walker's fitness now thanks to Rico. Walker was on his last legs last season and had to be taken off midway through that Madrid game. Ended up costing us.

Don’t think we will see him before Sheffield as pep maybe wants walker back to full matchfitness for the important games. For me it looks like John will play the inverted role on the right against Bayern as I hope it goes well with their pace Bayern have on the wings. Liverpool game was maybe the decider tbh.

Don’t think we will see him before Sheffield as pep maybe wants walker back to full matchfitness for the important games. For me it looks like John will play the inverted role on the right against Bayern as I hope it goes well with their pace Bayern have on the wings. Liverpool game was maybe the decider tbh.
Yeah, I have to agree with this now. I wasn't a big fan of the new formation at first, but seeing how John thrives there and what you said about Walker, I would say it's the right choice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.