82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No love for Rico?
Not much to say is there?

Far more impressive players today than him, he was probably the least noticeable of the bunch.

Perhaps there is some praise there for an 18 year old just looking comfortable in the squad, but we have seen better from him, but rather focus on some of the WOW performances we saw today tbh.

Didn't put a foot wrong. No complaints which is a good thing for 18 year old. He fits into our squad and he's here to stay.

He has got over 1000 minutes of senior men's football this year. That's remarkable for a player who was 16 at the beginning of last season. Not many people seen that coming. Cole palmer has only played about 1000 minutes in 3 years with first team as a comparison

For an 18 year old most people had never heard of 6 months ago he is doing incredibly well.

He has a bit of serious attitude on the pitch, like to see that as long as it does not get out of hand.

Not much to say is there?

Far more impressive players today than him, he was probably the least noticeable of the bunch.

Perhaps there is some praise there for an 18 year old just looking comfortable in the squad, but we have seen better from him, but rather focus on some of the WOW performances we saw today tbh.
I think there is capacity to praise all, personally, and thought Rico did very well, helping us score four of the six goals before going off.

And being comfortable in a squad of our quality—at 18—is itself an accomplish very, very few players will ever achieve (a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the global player pool).

I think the lofty heights we now sustain—and expect—sometimes blinds us to the real, immense talent Rico has, even when not necessarily standing out as others did yesterday.

At any rate, if no one else will, I’ll offer praise for a very difficult job done (quietly) well. Especially given Burnley were very clearly targeting him earlier on, as most teams do when he plays (something I think many do not appreciate, as it increases the impressiveness of his performances).

Feels like he's really dropped out of the picture over the last 6 weeks.
Needs to bulk up a bit. His time will come. Could tell during certain games that he was being targeted and knocked about. Will feature again before the season ends, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.