82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, big thing for me at the moment is that he tends to play the safe ball, that’s likely a combination of orders and confidence/inexperience at top level, be very interesting to see how he develops with time.

I think you both have the wrong end of the stick.

The "safe ball" is exactly what's required of him most of the time. It's not his responsibility to make the riskier passes. He sets the tempo but I can see why people might get those two things confused.

Last night wasn't his best game; a couple of misplaced passes and some poor defensive anticipation in our defensive third. I think it's the latter of which he needs to work on more than anything.

But I've said everything I needed to about him ages ago. He's a phenomenal young player and it looks like he's got a great head on his shoulders.

The "safe ball" is exactly what's required of him most of the time. It's not his responsibility to make the riskier passes. He sets the tempo but I can see why people might get those two things confused.

Last night wasn't his best game; a couple of misplaced passes and some poor defensive anticipation in our defensive third. I think it's the latter of which he needs to work on more than anything.

But I've said everything I needed to about him ages ago. He's a phenomenal young player and it looks like he's got a great head on his shoulders.

I liked his performance last night - he started bringing the ball forward through midfield more than I've seen before when the opportunity was there. Good and positive.

Agree about his passing - in fact, I'd say it's one of the main reasons why Peo started preferring him to Cancelo - it's sensible passing and helps us keep possession. Unlike Cancelo going for glory balls all the time...

As I posted mate, that part comes under ‘orders’, ie do not lose the ball/possession.

My roundabout point really was that I saw a few times last night that he could see a certain pass was on, bit more risky but well within his capabilities, yet didn’t take it, perfectly understandable given Pep is his manager, I just think as he matures and gains experience and confidence, he’ll try those passes, wasn’t meant as a knock on the lad .

He does take the safe option in his passes but as said , i think thats down to orders.
I think there is only one player allowed to choose the risky pass and thats mr De bruyne

Walker lost the ball so many times during his last game thereby bringing unnecessary pressure on the team.
I prefer him to keep doing the safe passes for now. The other side of his game will develop with time and confidence.

He does take the safe option in his passes but as said , i think thats down to orders.
I think there is only one player allowed to choose the risky pass and thats mr De bruyne
It really is a thing when the manager is like Adolf Hitler 're tactics
I remember ( not very well) Asa Hartford or Gary megson taking a shot in a friendly match.. Brian Clough subbed the player immediately
Your not supposed to do that....
Maybe a sober forest fan can help me out here with the detail..?

Wonder if he takes the starting right-back spot next season. Seems to be our best attacking full-back at the moment.

Wonder if he takes the starting right-back spot next season. Seems to be our best attacking full-back at the moment.
I’d be very surprised if he’s first choice next season. Looks nowhere near ready for that yet.

He’s got a hell of a lot to learn despite having a few good games (and a few poor ones) so far.

I don’t think we have seen him attacking wise. What we have seen is that playing inverted he is really capable on the ball. I think he has struggled in terms of know when to go back out to the RB position and teams have targeted it. As an attacking fullback I don’t think we’ve seen him really do that yet so let’s wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.