82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinching myself seeing this kid roaming about the pitch looking like a squad player rather than an overawed 18 year old. What pep has demanded of him in his short career should not be understated...
He was constantly in his ear yesterday and some players shrink under that scrutiny. Not Rico, he just takes it on the chin and applies it to his game..
Itl be a joy to watch this kid develop under pep!

i thought he was fantastic most of the game, I feel like Pep is right when he said he doesn't have the experience yet (only 18), he did seem a bit lost when were struggling for control at the end of the game and we definitely needed Rodri to come on. He's always eager to get on the ball and make something happen, great talent.
He's also, unsurprisingly, easier to knock off the ball than the older players.

I noticed during his first run in the team that initially he looked so comfortable under pressure, and was described by a commentator as "press resistant". He was great at shielding the ball - well beyond what you'd expect from his age and experience - but opponents started to have success by simply crowding and bumping into him and it looked like he was being targeted with aggressive pressing.

Not much he can do about that as he's not the biggest, and he's still getting stronger, but I remember Phil being the same. Huge skills, but when a 6'2" defender bumped into him, those skills didn't count for much. It took a long while before he developed the maturity, and strength, to hold brush off those challenges, and I can see that taking time for Rico too.

i thought he was fantastic most of the game, I feel like Pep is right when he said he doesn't have the experience yet (only 18), he did seem a bit lost when were struggling for control at the end of the game and we definitely needed Rodri to come on. He's always eager to get on the ball and make something happen, great talent.

We didn't struggle for control. They didn't have another shot. Don't think Rodri touched the ball in the 2 mins he came on for.

Great on ball but needs to bulk up as can be easy bullied but that will come with age and experience. Started off poorly but grew into the game and wanted the ball all the time. We nearly put him in major trouble right at end of game giving him the ball with 3 players around him but he did so well in getting it back to laporte.

People keep saying he started off poorly, and he certainly got a bollocking from Pep for one errant pass, but the lad hasn't actually featured for weeks and is very inexperienced so a slightly slow start might be expected.

He misplaced 5 passes out of 91 so it's fair to say he found his range quickly and that is what people should focus on, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.