82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
His versatility is his great strength but I fear it will stop him ever nailing down a place. I think his best position is actually in a more advanced midfield role but I'm not convinced we'll ever see him play there for us.

His versatility is his great strength but I fear it will stop him ever nailing down a place. I think his best position is actually in a more advanced midfield role but I'm not convinced we'll ever see him play there for us.
He is a superb talent, he will be a big part of this side in the next few years.

Not sure what to make of Rico, but will never judge. I didn’t think Cole would be good enough, but what do I know. Just hope he gets his chance like Oscar.

It would be great to test him out by loaning him somewhere. It would be interesting to see in what position he would play and how he would cope. He looks good for us against lesser teams, surrounded by fantastic players, but goes missing or struggles defensively against the better sides. I wonder how he would fare for another team, physically as well, and whether he could be more of the "main man." In comparison, I have no doubt that if we were to loan Oscar to Newcastle (I hope not), he would be a star player for them, something like Palmer for Chelsea. With Lewis, I am not so sure. He got 180 or so fewer minutes than he did the season before, and we are targeting the likes of Bruno as well, so I think a loan is not the worst idea at all.

I don't want Rico or Oscar to be loaned. I think they have earned game time and I would rather that than sign a new player. I think both have real potential.
I would be amazed if they were sent out on loan unless we are going full on splash the cash this summer, our squad is small already and these two will have plenty to contribute to next season and in our shirt.

I don't want Rico or Oscar to be loaned. I think they have earned game time and I would rather that than sign a new player. I think both have real potential.
Agreed. Rico's getting quicker and stronger now and deserves to be tried more often, same with Bobb who has produced basically every time he's played in the last few months. We lose very little when either of them play. I credit Rico for stopping the rot in 22/23, around the time of Cancelo's meltdown, which gave Pep the time to work out that 3-2-4-1 formation that won us the treble.

They're in the perfect environment right where they are and loaning players out to Premier League clubs is essentially like playing Russian roulette with their City careers, only with five rounds in the chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.