82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

This part is not correct. Philip Lahm was playing that role for Pep about 10 years ago. Pep likely saw a lot of Lahm in Lewis’s game — if anything, the young lad is even more versatile and can hold his own in positions further up the field. Big shoes to fill with the Lahm comparisons, but what a prospect we have.
I have heard Pep say, on more than one occasion, that we play this way, because Rico showed us how to.

This part is not correct. Philip Lahm was playing that role for Pep about 10 years ago. Pep likely saw a lot of Lahm in Lewis’s game — if anything, the young lad is even more versatile and can hold his own in positions further up the field. Big shoes to fill with the Lahm comparisons, but what a prospect we have.

Lahm didn't play like this. He wasn't attacking the inside channel, sitting in an attacking midfield position or making late runs into the box to finish off moves.

I haven't seen anyone play this role before. He's almost present in every third of the pitch at all times.

Lahm didn't play like this. He wasn't attacking the inside channel, sitting in an attacking midfield position or making late runs into the box to finish off moves.

I haven't seen anyone play this role before. He's almost present in every third of the pitch at all times.

Closest I can think is the way Udogie and Porro play at Spurs.

this. rico and lahm are nothing alike. lahm was a monster defensivily at a very early age and almost never lost possession but lacked the offensive capabilities rico has.

will be interesting to see how other teams react to our tactical tweak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.