82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

2023/24 Minutes (All Comps)
Mainoo: 1,984
Lewis: 1,445
Shaw: 1,101
Still don’t think he had shown he was ready for the euros, and also he isn’t a conventional full back Southgate would have no idea how to use him the way Peps using him this season,few would.
To be honest we all thought he could be an inverted full back ,but none of us saw the full back / attacking centre midfielder we’ve seen first two games.

I think Rico plays the defender pushing into midfield rôle better than the others, whom Pep has used, possibly because of fact that the rôle developed, after Pep saw him playing it.

He certainly plays it as well as anyone, and will only improve, as he gains more experience.

It’s interesting that Pep has decide to play everything through Rico. He was orchestrating the side yesterday, real show of faith by Pep. Kev, was moved out wide. Starting to look our future, best player best player on the park by far.

His role is absolutely unique and I do not believe that we have seen it before.
Whenever we have had inverted full-backs, they have become central defensive midfielders.
Central defenders have also moved, generally, into midfield allowing others to push on.
Unless my eyes are deceiving me, this guy is becoming a central attacking midfielder from full-back.
We end up with three central defenders pushed up. 2 deeper central midfielders and then a four man attacking line behind Haaland, including Rico. I don't think the English game has witnessed this.

I think Rico plays the defender pushing into midfield rôle better than the others, whom Pep has used, possibly because of fact that the rôle developed, after Pep saw him playing it.

He certainly plays it as well as anyone, and will only improve, as he gains more experience.
This part is not correct. Philip Lahm was playing that role for Pep about 10 years ago. Pep likely saw a lot of Lahm in Lewis’s game — if anything, the young lad is even more versatile and can hold his own in positions further up the field. Big shoes to fill with the Lahm comparisons, but what a prospect we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.