82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

I often think of Peps special players are allowed to play “Kids playground football” that way you find special players like Rico. Of course he’s been coached, he’s had the greatest coaching & understands the game but he will play a position differently to anyone else. Years ago he’d be right back told to play a certain way, overlaps but keep your position but his greatest quality is playing between the spaces so play that way, license to roam with the team knowing how to cover.

Rico playing LB for England.. He’s not a LB, but was brilliant tonight. Every time he has played this season he had been outstanding. What a talent.. Kid is going to be a star. I keep saying it…
He was excellent.

As I said before kick-off, he was nominally left-back, but spent more time in midfield.

He certainly didn’t look out of place, and he combined well Gomes and Jack.

Rico has a bright international future ahead of him.

very happy for the lad. he made a big step forward.

the only thing I don't like is that he sometimes falls over a bit too much/looks for the foul. didn't cost us yet though so all good.

with how walker looked after he came on rico should be miles ahead atm.

very happy for the lad. he made a big step forward.

the only thing I don't like is that he sometimes falls over a bit too much/looks for the foul. didn't cost us yet though so all good.

with how walker looked after he came on rico should be miles ahead atm.

It's how he manages being so small, if there is a situation where he will be outmuscled or outpaced he gets his body between the opponent and the ball and wins a free kick. It's one of the smartest aspects of his game and why he has been able to get so many minutes despite his age and stature.

Apparently he can play at LB, which will be handy with last night's Ake injury. I'd imagine Gvardiol will be Pep's choice in that position, but if Josko picks up an injury, Rico could cover for him.

It's how he manages being so small, if there is a situation where he will be outmuscled or outpaced he gets his body between the opponent and the ball and wins a free kick. It's one of the smartest aspects of his game and why he has been able to get so many minutes despite his age and stature.
yeah I know what he is doing but it's not something you can always rely on, especially on this level.

Totally agree. If he was 6ft tall, he would be a different player. If you have real quality, and Rico does, you don’t need to be big. David Silva was small and slight but he could look after himself and was arguably City’s best ever player..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.