9/11 where were you?

I was in work watching on the TV all day. My old boss was in New York, wandering around the Wall Street area when the plane hit. He didn’t see it but was very close as it’s not far from there. He got back to his hotel and had to stay in it for 3 days or so.
How did he not see it?

How did he not see it?
He didn’t see the plane hit. Heard the noise by which time it was done. Surrounded by tall buildings too so not easy to see from such close proximity I would imagine. Obviously he saw the aftermath. By the time the next one hit they were heading back to their hotel. Was supposed to be travelling home the next day but couldn’t come home until planes were flying again.

He didn’t see the plane hit. Heard the noise by which time it was done. Surrounded by tall buildings too so not easy to see from such close proximity I would imagine. Obviously he saw the aftermath. By the time the next one hit they were heading back to their hotel. Was supposed to be travelling home the next day but couldn’t come home until planes were flying again.
Must have been horrific for him, does it still affect him now?

Off school ill. Vividly remember watching MTV and a black box appearing in the middle of the screen telling me to turn to my local news channel. Just as the second plane hit.

The world changed immeasurably that day.

Sitting at home creating a presentation. Break for coffee and turn the tv news on. End of work.
Horrific.

I was at my mate's dad's funeral. Got home from the wake, put the telly on and initially thought I was watching a disaster movie, the headline banner on the screen said "America Under Attack" the screen was split into three showing the Pentagon on fire in one segment and the two towers in the other two. I quickly realised it was really happening and just sat there all afternoon watching it unfold in a state of disbelief. An awful day, the world has never been the same since.

Must have been horrific for him, does it still affect him now?
It did affect him badly at the time but he is a strong character. I think when something shocking happens it does stick with you a bit. I was probably 300-400 yards away from the Manchester bomb explosion and that was a hideous experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.