9/11 where were you?

At work in a conference call with a US company at 2pm (9am in NY). They were oblivious to it as we were while it was happening. After the meeting most people spent the next hour or so getting sketchy information on the internet (which had more or less frozen as everyone was on it) before going home early. Wife called me as she was watching it on TV at home, and I initially thought she must have been mistaken when she said the first tower had collapsed completely. Horrible day.

Getting ready for work as I heard the report of the first plane hitting. I put on the TV to see BBC replaying the second one being hit.

Went to work in a bit of a daze. Got in the mess room to see the pentagon had been hit. Everyone in there weren't sure if it was real or a we were in a movie.

A coincidence today is I looked through my old diary and my book on time 15:08 is the same time I've been rostered to work today.

I was at home and had the news on, saw it all

Kind of like me.

I'd woken up, after a lie in and turned on the news and the caster was talking about hijacked planes. I felt compelled to keep watching as the caster's tone seemed off.

Saw both the planes hit the building. I remember feeling not sure of what I was seeing with the first plane, but watching the second keep its trajectory whilst simultaneously hoping it would veer off course miraculously, of course to no avail.

That sobered me right up and I was awake as I ever was!

Was round at my parents’ house doing gardening work, took me best part of the day. Finished, went to the offy to get some booze coz I’d earned it. Came back and sat in the front room where it was cooler, popped a can and put some music on…

The door opened and Mum came in. I knew something was wrong because she was looking right through me. “Come in here, you need to see this. It’s historic…,” she said and wandered off. Puzzled, I followed her into the living room. The TV was on. Mum and Dad were watching a disaster film. I was even more puzzled.

“What film’s this? Why’s it historic?” I said. “It’s not a film,” Dad said in a monotone. “It’s real. Terrorists have flown a passenger jet into the World Trade Centre.”

Even though I knew he was telling the truth I still stood there, uncomprehending. At which point the footage switched from a burning tower to a shot of an 'object' falling through the air. “That’s a person,” I said. Mum said, “They’re jumping...” I asked why they were jumping. “Because they’re burning to death…” It was like I was 5 again and they had to explain everything patiently.

I never moved from in front of the TV for the rest of the day and all through the night. It's still utterly numbing after 20 years.

Don’t know. Don’t care. All these USA based news flashes irritates me like hell. Yes it was a disaster. Yes innocent people died. So did a lot more due to the tsunami in Indonesia. Heard anything from that lately?
Anyways it’s 20 years later. Life moves on. Even Ronaldo gained age. Although if you listen to MothD he had grown younger. Fecked up USA ruled world.

You have some sympathy there from me.
I have no intention of watching any of the raft of documentaries out currently.

Don’t know. Don’t care. All these USA based news flashes irritates me like hell. Yes it was a disaster. Yes innocent people died. So did a lot more due to the tsunami in Indonesia. Heard anything from that lately?
Anyways it’s 20 years later. Life moves on. Even Ronaldo gained age. Although if you listen to MothD he had grown younger. Fecked up USA ruled world.
Yes - quite a lot heard about the Tsunami and quite rightly so. One was a natural disaster and one an act of terrorism.
Your post is somewhat bizarre.

I'll be honest with you I can't see how you link a natural disaster to the murder of thousands of people, how the men women and children on those aircraft felt just before the sky fairy believers crashed the aircraft is probably beyond belief.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.