9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone blaming Haaland for our loss of control can do one. that fault solely lies on the other 9 players.

Haaland is Haaland :D Like his father, a will and fighting spirit that keeps giving. He is young and will learn, but I was a bit surprised that he got so emotional last match. He has handled as bad before, so I suspect that that he will learn from this, maybe he just needs to meditate a bit ;) Football- and performance wise, I think he is doing well, scoring like a madman, but I have to say, he does have another level above what he has delivered lately, goals or not. And since City is so good and often have possession, we do not get to see the counterattacking skills of his that often. I suspect all Erling needs now, is to avoid knocks and injuries and for the team to raise the quality of play again. Then they will reach a new level together.

No matter what, he will keep scoring, but when he gets in shape, stays free of injuries AND the team works well on the pich together, then he will get back to 2-3 and even 4-5 goals in a single game I think.

Cole, Shearer, Defoe, Berbatov and Aguero are the ones with 5 goals in a single PL game. Before this season is over I think he will be on that list or even do one better.

I honestly don't know when we don't just look up and play tge ball either through or over the top and play haaland behind the defence.
No player will catch him

People blaming Haaland on Man City's losses and draws are (quite frankly) idiots. Man City's goalscoring production are currently on same rate as last season, if not more. Man City always a 1-0 lead before games are started because Haaland average 1 goal a game (26 goals in 20 games).

How is it Haaland fault for the defence leaking in goals?

When Prime Cristiano Ronaldo used to bang in goals for fun in Real Madrid, nobody blamed him for conceded goals by the defence.

People blaming Haaland on Man City's losses and draws are (quite frankly) idiots. Man City's goalscoring production are currently on same rate as last season, if not more. Man City always a 1-0 lead before games are started because Haaland average 1 goal a game (26 goals in 20 games).

How is it Haaland fault for the defence leaking in goals?

When Prime Cristiano Ronaldo used to bang in goals for fun in Real Madrid, nobody blamed him for conceded goals by the defence.
Because we defend in the top third, if the opposition get into our back third we are already in trouble and probably chasing back.Nobody blames Haaland and nobody say it’s his fault but we have to just accept he won’t help keep possession in the top third like an extra midfielder would.
Is Haaland worth that bit of control sacrificed , most would say yes as would I.
It was alway predicable and a fair few did predict it would cause us to concede a few more though.

Because we defend in the top third, if the opposition get into our back third we are already in trouble and probably chasing back.Nobody blames Haaland and nobody say it’s his fault but we have to just accept he won’t help keep possession in the top third like an extra midfielder would.
Is Haaland worth that bit of control sacrificed , most would say yes as would I.
It was alway predicable and a fair few did predict it would cause us to concede a few more though.
we have not defended in the top third for about 2 years now. if you have not noticed yet, these days we drop back and engage in a mid-press. it is not the sterling, jesus, sane season still. that high press was gone long ago before Haaland came here.

I am concerned we may be going through a transition phase to accommodate our Borg sent back in time from the 29th century.

And maybe why we are faltering a little as we are playing for him.
Similar things happened when we had Sergio and it was found "as a team" we played better without him,

As I said this is only a translation and a transition which has gotten of to a most remarkable start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.