9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe some people blaming Haaland. If we didn't have Haaland this season we'd be fighting for top 4. With the sales of Sterling and Jesus, our attack would have zero firepower without Haaland.

we have not defended in the top third for about 2 years now. if you have not noticed yet, these days we drop back and engage in a mid-press. it is not the sterling, jesus, sane season still. that high press was gone long ago before Haaland came here.
Not talking about a press, talking about avoiding turnovers with a high line leaving us open to counter attacks. I have no stats but wouldn’t be surprised if we have conceded more this season from turnovers and counter attacks than the previous couple of seasons.

Can't believe some people blaming Haaland. If we didn't have Haaland this season we'd be fighting for top 4. With the sales of Sterling and Jesus, our attack would have zero firepower without Haaland.
Nobody is, but it’s obvious our game with Haaland is different to our game without a centre forward or with Jesus and Sterling ,it will take time to fully adapt to it.

I got into it with a couple of rags who said we were plain boring . I must admit that our style at times is a yawn fest.

That has been labelled at us for a few years now. But opposing fans who say that would give anything for Pep to be the manager of their club. I think that speaks volumes.

actually thought he wasn't hungry enough today and in numerous occasions didn't position himself well enough to be at the end of a chance, something that he's been basically faultless at this season

I thought he was still a threat despite not being involved much. Had he scored that chance it would have been a world class take and finish and he was a foot away from
Converting from the KDB cross. Even when he plays poorly he is a goal threat. Some of his runs were good but our passing was crap! We need to find a way to ensure we supply him because we have one of the best goalscorer in the world playing for us.

The way we set him up to play, unless he scores he will be considered to have a bad game.

Don’t actually think he is fully up to speed yet.

Didn't have too many opportunities today. Had a couple of useful defensive headers though. Attacking wise he needs a bit more feeding.

Haaland is a monster but I have to say that, at his best, I think Kane would have been a perfect fit for us. His ability to link play and bring others into the game for a striker can only be matched by Benzema, and it would have really suited our style of play. He wouldn't score quite as many but would have still bagged 25+ goals a season comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.