9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
its hard to find a way to get him more involved in the game besides scoring but pep and himself gotta figure it out for games like these when the ball isnt getting to him at all.

At the moment it feels like its more of a man city feat. Haaland than him being a part of the team, that will always happen to an extent because thats the nature of a lone striker but it should get better

its hard to find a way to get him more involved in the game besides scoring but pep and himself gotta figure it out for games like these when the ball isnt getting to him at all.

At the moment it feels like its more of a man city feat. Haaland than him being a part of the team, that will always happen to an extent because thats the nature of a lone striker but it should get better
Pep needs to reinvent our style again next summer to incorporate width, pace and traditional crosses once again

The 2017-19 era with Sane + Sterling on the wings and KDB, David Silva in the middle and Walker overlapping down the right would have seen Haaland get 80 goals

Pep needs to reinvent our style again next summer to incorporate width, pace and traditional crosses once again

The 2017-19 era with Sane + Sterling on the wings and KDB, David Silva in the middle and Walker overlapping down the right would have seen Haaland get 80 goals

maybe...that would require some midfield and even defensive changing cause some of these guys cant hang on fast transitions

obviously got bored and started coming deeper. Would have scored the de bruyne cross but his starting point was 3 yards deeper than normal. Just stick up top big man and the ball will come.

He doesn’t look fit to me, I’m not sure if a few niggles. At times he pisses me off as his technical ability is way behind the others. However he scores & occupies 3or4 & I’ll judge him once all the players have shaken off the World Cup.

I think Pep can improve him dramatically & I think he’ll do whatever he’s told to get there.

I will say Alvarez looks more of a City player.

You can see why Kane was the first choice target the previous summer - he’d fit in better with our system while still scoring a daft amount of goals, and I think if Alvarez was our default #9 the team overall would be functioning much better without compromising results.

You can see why Kane was the first choice target the previous summer - he’d fit in better with our system while still scoring a daft amount of goals, and I think if Alvarez was our default #9 the team overall would be functioning much better without compromising results.
Kane wouldnt have scored 26+ goals in this team like Haaland. He would be to busy faffing about in midfield. Has Kane ever played againts 8-9 defenders sitting deep every week, Haaland draws 2-3 players towards him in the final 3rd creating space for others and he's feeding off scraps.We're currently going through a transitional period, Haaland has been great whereas half the team has dropped a level from last season.

Didn't anticipate the cross from De Bruyne - ran to the front post before checking but had reacted too slow so didn't get close enough. The pass through from Gundogan he somehow managed to control but then missed the target. Two chances you'd expect him to bury even when starved overall.

I want to see more from him in the build up though. Dropping in just to get a few touches, turning his man and spreading the play. This side is used to that from a false 9 and it's the one thing I'd criticise him for. His touch is sometimes poor or his pass is intercepted, but he's so young those things will improve in time playing under Pep. He's still always ready to just burst in behind and he was ignored a couple of times last night. He'll have to get used to that, because we need to play with more balance and control and not just look for him every time if we're going to improve.

Kane wouldnt have scored 26+ goals in this team like Haaland. He would be to busy faffing about in midfield. Has Kane ever played againts 8-9 defenders sitting deep every week, Haaland draws 2-3 players towards him in the final 3rd creating space for others and he's feeding off scraps.We're currently going through a transitional period, Haaland has been great whereas half the team has dropped a level from last season.
We are playing almost as if we still have a false 9. Haaland has not modified how he plays either. We need to change our style a little as does he. When that happens we will take off. At least three or four times yesterday and multiple times in other games he starts runs when the opposition defence has a high line that cry out for balls over the top. We seldom attempt it and it’s one area we could do better. Of the 21 goals he has scored so far, 14 are penalty box predator , 3 penalties and only 4 scored when he ran through the defensive line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.