9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not ripped a team apart on his own yet. Just wait.

Crazy return already and a lot more to come.

He will want to be THE MAN against Arsenal home and away.

This is the problem when players are obsessed by single player ,they lose all perspective of more nuanced posts and views.
PS What the fuck does came clutch mean?

Which “players are obsessed by a single player” FFS?

If you’re going to insult people, maybe it’s best you don’t commit the same mistakes yourself.

I don't understand this argument about him not being player of the season, I've seen the arguments about he has less touches, he scores tap ins etc other strikers have more to their game etc etc

He's a striker what is a strikers job? to put the ball in the net I don't care if he scores 30 yard screamers or 6 yard tap ins a goals a goal. He's got 25 of them already. If he continues at this rate he's going to hit 40 odd breaking record after record. 4 hattricks away from Messi's record of most hattricks in a single season.

If he ends the season with 45 goals smashing the goal record and matches or gets close to the Messi record for Hattricks he's player of the year. Even a top 3 balon dor season

Last edited:
The biggest problem with Haaland: he has totally ruined fantasy football league.

Everyone has him and has him as captain, its basically made it a 10-man game.

I got him in a draft version of fantasy football and am totally pi$$ing it, but I don't think anyone else in my mini-league bothers anymore, as they know I am going to win.

If Arsenal win the PL and we have a striker getting 40-50+ goals, there is something wrong (typical City springs to mind!).

He’s not ripped a team apart on his own yet. Just wait.

Crazy return already and a lot more to come.

He will want to be THE MAN against Arsenal home and away.
Not sure what you mean to be honest.

If ripping teams apart is him getting the ball in midfield, dribble past a few defenders and bang it top bins - then I don’t think you’ll see this very often, if at all tbh.

He relies on service from the rest of the team hence why a lot of his goals have been from close range or tap ins as people like to call them.

I don't understand this argument about him not being player of the season, I've seen the arguments about he has less touches, he scores tap ins etc other strikers have more to their game etc etc

He's a striker what is a strikers job? to put the ball in the net I don't care if he scores 30 yard screamers or 6 yard tap ins a goals a goal. He's got 25 of them already. If he continues at this rate he's going to hit 40 odd breaking record after record. 4 hattricks away from Messi's record of most hattricks in a single season.

If he ends the season with 45 goals smashing the goal record and matches or gets close to the Messi record for Hattricks he's player of the year. Even a top 3 balon dor season
In support of this view back in 1986/87 season when Clive Allen smashed 49 goals in one season for Spurs,he was voted both Players and Football writers Player of the season...

We need to let go of the idea that only a Ronaldinho-esque dribbler can be considered the best player in the world. Personally I think we've seen enough from Haaland to know that his lack of touches isn't a question of ability.

Kane is one of the most well-rounded strikers in the world, and how often does a cross into the penalty area go untouched because Kane was too deep to reach it? Or even because Kane was the man crossing it himself.

I think Haaland's limited involvement is by design, so I'm not about to mark him down too harshly for it.

I was discussing with someone on reddit and just for fun I looked up Haaland's stats for club and NT since joining Salzburg.

He has 203 goals and assists (167 goals, 36 assists) in 165 matches. He's played 10826 mins, which means 65 min per goal and 53 mins per g+a. It's just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.