9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll get a grip when you start understanding football and football players!

To say he only scores goals in utter bollox!

He had 9 assists all comps last season and that season won us the treble.

To put into perspective, one of the rags best ever players and the prems for that matter, Paul Scholes, his best ever return on assists in a season was 7. That was thier 99 treble season too.

Haaland is way more than just a goal scorer, you just think that’s all he is because he’s the best in the world at it.

WOBBLE !
appreciate your explanation, however if you cant accept a differing opinion on a football forum then this isn't the place for you.

We're lucky to have him, but doesnt mean he's beyond criticism.

I thought he was awful at weekend. His touch was off and he didn't link play very well at all. I just don't think he's fully up to speed yet. But we will need him to offer that bit more a bit deeper in Kev's absence IMO.

I’ll get a grip when you start understanding football and football players!

To say he only scores goals in utter bollox!

He had 9 assists all comps last season and that season won us the treble.

To put into perspective, one of the rags best ever players and the prems for that matter, Paul Scholes, his best ever return on assists in a season was 7. That was thier 99 treble season too.

Haaland is way more than just a goal scorer, you just think that’s all he is because he’s the best in the world at it.

WOBBLE !
Exactly - people need to stop just watching for the net to bulge. Watch the way he destroys their defensive shape and cuts down their passing options - not as sexy, but worth a look.

Frustrating player at times, at least with Alvarez you get effort.
Haaland is just goals, so when he doesn’t score he offers not much else
Lmao, what are you on about. Fair enough yeah, sometimes he's a bit frustrating cos his first touch could be tighter but to say he doesn't get involved at all with what the rest of the team does is bonkers. Pep would drop him in a split second if that were even remotely true, as he did with Aguero when he initially came in (as we know, Aguero got his act together).

Was scanning the caf's Doku thread when I ran across this supposed Pep quote RE: Erling, hadn't ever seen this ...

“I don’t know what he did in Dortmund, but we take care of him 24 hours,” said Guardiola. “We have incredible doctors and physios, they are behind him every second of the day. It’s difficult to understand why you spend a lot of money and then leave them – I don’t know what the other clubs do. Today, with this demanding schedule of games every three or four days, we have to take care of them. We know we have to be like a watch, because he’s so big. So the physios, the massaging of his backs, shoulders, tendons, everything.

“He works so much time inside the training centre, much more than on the pitch. Today, in modern football, players train more behind the scenes than on the pitch.”

Perhaps lacking a bit of confidence right now?

Obviously got an important goal but his overall play thus far has been... not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.