9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're just not supplying him at all. Our attacking play is so slow that we have hardly any supply, any time he does make a run we turn around and pass the ball backwards.
Yesterday no. In general we are creating more than enough. It’s not wrong to say he’s out of form. It is only form, it’s not permanent, but he’s out of it.
Missed a hatful against Newcastle, Sheffield United, West Ham.

It’s form. He’ll get back. But he isn’t playing well at the minute. He isn’t a bad player.

I didnt think we'd be going backwards where he is concerned.When he arrived we struggled to adapt from the false nine way of play and so continued to ignore his movement and his positioning,it now seems we have reverted to that issue.
Haaland is clearly not operating in full throttle because of such,he also looks to have gone in to his shell a tad and centre halves are getting the better of him too often.

Pep needs to find a way of finding the cohesion and the fluidity in the final 3rd again,this safe passing,backwards/sideways,shite should be a thing of the past.

Kev's absence is a big factor,but it should not be the overriding one.

He’s got no class that’s the problem. He’s a flat track bully who scores easy on a plate goals or not at all while also doing absolutely nothing else for the team

Or even just start the Argentinian World Cup winning #9 who can score goals out of nowhere from all kinds of ranges and angles as well as brining other players into the game, the focal point.
Another outed himself

I didnt think we'd be going backwards where he is concerned.When he arrived we struggled to adapt from the false nine way of play and so continued to ignore his movement and his positioning,it now seems we have reverted to that issue.
Haaland is clearly not operating in full throttle because of such,he also looks to have gone in to his shell a tad and centre halves are getting the better of him too often.

Pep needs to find a way of finding the cohesion and the fluidity in the final 3rd again,this safe passing,backwards/sideways,shite should be a thing of the past.

Kev's absence is a big factor,but it should not be the overriding one.
Kev’s absence is definitely a big factor, but as you say it shouldn’t be the overriding one.
Yesterday and possibly wolves aside we’ve created more than enough.

I want defenders come off the pitch after played against him like beaten , missing a teeth, half dead.
he needs to use his body to fight defenders, if they pull him like happens all the time, make defenders feel it a bit, he needs lot more dark arts.

defenders aint gonna be nice to him either, this is the PL.

I have no explanation for it but his brute strength seems to have vanished? When he’s running through to try to get on the end of Rico’s through ball and Saliba just calmly out-muscles him… there’s just no way that would have happened this time last year. Haaland would bully the fuck out of anyone that came up against him. But that side of his game is barely evident any more. I don’t know why.

Has anyone considered the problem is our midfield isn't getting balls through to him?

Foden isn't impressing with through balls.
Walker isn't impressing with through balls.
Kovacic isn't impressing with through balls.
Grealish isn't impressing with through balls.

How does he actually get the ball when he does?

Ederson exit balls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.