9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a pretty decent rest during last winter whilst the World Cup was on

For me teams are roughing him up - especially in the area - in fact they are doing it to all of our players - the one Odegaard did today on Gvardiol was a joke

Had a pretty decent rest during last winter whilst the World Cup was on

For me teams are roughing him up - especially in the area - in fact they are doing it to all of our players - the one Odegaard did today on Gvardiol was a joke
There was one near the end of the match, defender climbed all over him in from5 of Pep, he got fuck all, had that been Kane it would’ve been a a free kick

There was one near the end of the match, defender climbed all over him in from5 of Pep, he got fuck all, had that been Kane it would’ve been a a free kick
Perhaps time that Pep started drawing very public attention to it. Refer to every instance of it in every presser. Even if the usual media suspects start accusing him of moaning, he’d at least be putting it in the public eye

We’re not utilising his strengths at all. I’m not suggesting he’s in top form because he’s missed a few chances this season that he’d have buried last season. I can’t see his game changing and him being more involved in other areas of the pitch, it’s just not what he does not what we bought him for. If that’s what Pep wants then Alvarez is our man. Julian is a better footballer and has the engine to do that.

He’ll still win the golden boot this year and I’m positive this relative lean spell will pass quickly. But, there’s very little point in playing him if we’re not going to feed him. We’ve clearly missed Rodders but he isn’t necessarily the answer. Kev is, but I’m not convinced Kev will be back at all, let alone come back as strong as he did before.

We need to move the ball forward quickly and play into Haaland whilst he’s got the chance to attack it, not when he’s flat footed because he’s waited 7 minutes for us to fuck about building it up and he’s marked tightly.

As others have said, whilst we aren't feeding him, he's a passenger. I'm not particularly convinced he's actually particularly occupying defenders either, his movement is rubbish at the moment but he's probably as frustrated as we are watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.