9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

I just got this funny feeling he's going to go on a bit of a rampage in the next month or so

Actually thought he had a decent game against Luton in terms of his general play and his movement, seemed to have a bit more energy about him. Just needs a couple of his typical goals and he'll get going. Look at his career stats, there's no chance he'll be kept quiet for long.

He's doing his damage off the ball. The best off ball striker in the world but only from the middle. He is behind Osimhen and Nunez when it comes to positioning in the box for crosses. Just doesn't anticipate quickly enough.

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 18.45.18.png

Just one of many examples, Doku about to cross here and he should already be making a move towards the 6 yeard box and escape his markers but instead hes just watching.

Screenshot_2.png

The worrying thing for me is that now, when we have to deliver the last and strongest hit of the season, we cannot rely on Erling Haaland's history of good games in the last 6 matches of the last season. He scored only three goals. We hope that this will change and that he will score in every next game of the season, show and justify why he is the best striker in the world

He's doing his damage off the ball. The best off ball striker in the world but only from the middle. He is behind Osimhen and Nunez when it comes to positioning in the box for crosses. Just doesn't anticipate quickly enough.

View attachment 114456

Just one of many examples, Doku about to cross here and he should already be making a move towards the 6 yeard box and escape his markers but instead hes just watching.
How many goals have those two scored ?

Not sure how anyone can criticise him. He‘s the best in the world at what he does, scoring goals. No play scores every single game, but there’s more to his game - look at his movement and positioning, how he scares defences shitless and takes up their attention anywhere near the penalty area.

Despite all that he can’t score without the ball and that’s up to the rest of the team. I wouldn’t swap him for any other player in the world, he’d be first choice on every single team’s starting XI.

Seems to be you're in one camp or the other on this thread. I personally want Erling to stay with us and become the best player he can possibly be.

That said, he does need to improve. When it goes forward to him it should stick and his general play needs to get better. Teams don't let him have any space in behind this season so he goes for large periods of the game barely involved at all. When he is he needs to be better with the ball at his feet.

People saying 'that isn't his job'...... well no, but it does have an impact on his job. If he's had the ball played through to him a few times and he's failed to keep hold of it or bring others into play it just adds to his frustration and impacts his confidence. When he was clean through at the start of the game against Luton I wasn't convinced the net would bulge, last season I was. They're usually the opportunities he thrives off.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.