9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a narrow definition of 'big games': games against the very best teams, in England (PL) and Europe (CL). There's nothing selective about it, for the mentioned teams have been the strongest in England and the CL (from our games in the CL so far). You may want to include also Leipzig (who may well win the EL) and Sporting. Thanks, but no thanks.
OK. Sorry, don't get upset. It's OK. You 're right. Sorry again.

OK. Sorry, don't get upset. It's OK. You 're right. Sorry again.

:)

Interestingly, Jesus' goals/assists to minutes ratio is better against the strongest teams than against the average/poor teams.

He contributed 4 goals in 4 starts vs Chelsea and Liverpool, roughly a goal/assist every 80 minutes.

And he scored 2 goals vs PSG and Real, roughly a goal every 55 minutes.

Against worse teams, his record is worse, in spite of scoring 5 vs Watford and Leeds recently.

Either on the right is fine just not mahrez more of a chance of jesus playing on the right in a big game than sterling tbh but id like sterling on the right foden on the left and jesus in the middle but i dont think pep will go with this.
Just seems bizarre not to for me. If not Jesus down the middle you end up playing a great player out of position. Sterling down the middle against Liverpool was a good move but they’re only team that will leave the kind of space his pace can exploit with a straight ball through. Obviously his finishing can then let us down but he’s the only one who Van Dijk would struggle to catch anyway once clear.

If I was still playing, I'd be looking forward to playing against him. He's a willing runner, grafts and scores opportunist goals. He's not actually dominated a centre back or full back since the day he arrived.

He's on a purple streak at the moment. Long may it continue, but don't kid yourself about his future at City...he's definitely in the shop window.
If that is a reply to my post, you have chosen to ignore these words "Just looking at Jesus's City record since arrival". maybe his record doesn't fit in with your narrative.

:)

Interestingly, Jesus' goals/assists to minutes ratio is better against the strongest teams than against the average/poor teams.

He contributed 4 goals in 4 starts vs Chelsea and Liverpool, roughly a goal/assist every 80 minutes.

And he scored 2 goals vs PSG and Real, roughly a goal every 55 minutes.

Against worse teams, his record is worse, in spite of scoring 5 vs Watford and Leeds recently.
The low table team likes to play deep blocks with very traditional big tall CBs. And Jesus's height does him no favour in these kind of occasions. He often gets lost in the forests. Although he is able to still contribute a lot with his great effort and energy - but maybe not directly involved in G/A that much. Liverpool plays a much higher offsite line. Real/PSG defenders are more light weighted and technical defenders who has not so much physical advantage against Jesus.

Chelsea played very low block against us. But the goal came from a 2nd shoot from corner kick - thus low block or not it does not matter. Before that chance actually some of the fans on the thread suggesting subbing Jesus off because he seemed to be least lively one among the front 3.

Many of our player suffer from playing against very low block. Some adjust after one or two seasons but some never adjust that well and choose to leave (like Torres). Even though I wish to keep Jesus, I believe Jesus will have a more eye-catching performance if he joins Arsenal with some more space in behind.

I honestly think thats either Grealish himself, his agent or his brother ;)

Hahahaa, nice joke mate <3

No, I'm just trying to support Jack as much as possible and keep faith, sometimes I joke around and try to provoke, but honestly I also understand that he isn't the 100m player at this stage and offers too little to be justifying the value club has payed..

Try not to be too serious, sometimes it's all about to have fun and enjoy. We are not analytics here to always post as seriously as it truly is..

If that is a reply to my post, you have chosen to ignore these words "Just looking at Jesus's City record since arrival". maybe his record doesn't fit in with your narrative.
No narrative involved. His record is good but he's not as good as it should be. He's simply not top level imo.

If you think there's any another reason behind my thinking, that's your problem, not mine.

He's not the only player to have scored against those teams. Are they all great players as well?
I’d imagine if they’re scoring against Real Madrid in a CL semi final, they’re quite good..

Not sure why you’re so desperate to discredit him.

He’s turning up in the big games, when other more expensive and better paid players are not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.