9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great attitude and a team player. But at CF - not nearly good enough.

Take, for example, our recent game versus Newcastle. Time and again Jesus was in position or nearly in position to score and he missed, and missed, and missed! Incredibly frustrating. How many of those near miss chances might Haaland have tucked away either by better anticipating that a defender might miss his header, or by charging towards goal a little bit sooner, or by reaching the ball due to his larger frame, and so on. At CF Jesus doesn't cut it.

Jesus might, however, make a good backup or indeed starter as a right-forward. He really impressed when he started there. Mahrez is probably better though.

It's rumored that Jesus will leave in the Summer window - if so, I wish him well. At the same time, we'll be replacing him with a far better CF in Haaland.

Last edited:
Now maturing and playing his best football for City.

Regardless of whether he stays or goes, he will always be a legend for the late winner against Southampton that gave us 100 points.

Now maturing and playing his best football for City.

Regardless of whether he stays or goes, he will always be a legend for the late winner against Southampton that gave us 100 points.
Agreed. That said, it's almost guaranteed he is going :(

I am not too sad, he is a good player but not good enough to regularly start same way as the likes of Rodri or KDB or Walker etc.
very useful to have in the squad tho, never really complained, worked hard for us.
understand if he wants go, only thing I hope we make as much money as we can instead of doing big favour to Arsenal

bit lower level where is a main man in a front line, he can probably get back into Brazil team, but overall i dont think he a 20+ scorer even if he start 30 league games lets say. we may find out, maybe he is, i dont think tho.

will be interesting to see if his favoured winger role is something that sticks if he leaves or only was a made up thing for the specific way and situation at City.

prefer him to go to Juve or Barca than Arse.

Given age, wages and ability to offer a high press/plan B. Jesus should be staying. I’d lose Sterling, he’s an incredibly dangerous player, but wages and contract situation should dictate who’s leaving. Not interest in badmouthing Sterling, but had Jesus played Wednesday, he’d have had another hat full.

Given age, wages and ability to offer a high press/plan B. Jesus should be staying. I’d lose Sterling, he’s an incredibly dangerous player, but wages and contract situation should dictate who’s leaving. Not interest in badmouthing Sterling, but had Jesus played Wednesday, he’d have had another hat full.
I disagree. Sterling is far more talented.

Jesus is good - but when he plays, time and again, chances fall to him. Sometimes he converts, but he misses, and misses and misses. We've solved this problem with Haaland.

Jesus is good - but not great. As a backup he's very good - as a starter at striker he's bad; on the wing he had a few good games, but then seemed to cool off. All in all - Jesus, for us, seems to be a squad player and not someone you'd pick to start regularly (yeah, he scored 4 recently - but that's mostly due to the service provided him). Should we sell him - I wish him well - but such a sale won't impact our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.