9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether he prefers playing on the wing or not is irrelevant now he's all we have upfront. Unfair amount of pressure will be put on his shoulders
I agree the pressure is on...but he has been here a while now. Its time to see the kid from the favella show his skills and make this a statement year for himself

The scrutiny because we have not signed a forward is going to be immense but I have faith in this lad if he puts his mind to it. The ability is there

I agree the pressure is on...but he has been here a while now. Its time to see the kid from the favella show his skills and make this a statement year for himself

The scrutiny because we have not signed a forward is going to be immense but I have faith in this lad if he puts his mind to it. The ability is there
No doubts other jesus whatsoever for me, I've always maintained he's quality, the issue is he isn't a goalscoring number 9, that's not his natural game but the expectation now will be on him to be just that to make up for our catastrophic failure in the market.

The first time we lose and he misses even a half chance during the game all the frustrations of us not signing a striker will be taken out on him. Its sad but inevitable.

No doubts other jesus whatsoever for me, I've always maintained he's quality, the issue is he isn't a goalscoring number 9, that's not his natural game but the expectation now will be on him to be just that to make up for our catastrophic failure in the market.

The first time we lose and he misses even a half chance during the game all the frustrations of us not signing a striker will be taken out on him. Its sad but inevitable.

I think we should stick with using him as a wide forward. I know it is quite late in his career in terms of that switch (when looking at Henry for example) but I think having the freedom to play his natural game which is movement, pace and trickery and removing the expectation of goals could work wonders. He may actually end up scoring more as a result and then could take that confidence into a central position.

There are a lot of people concerned about us not having signed a striker, and I am sure the club wanted to, but Chelsea and Liverpool have both won the CL in recent seasons without a prolific number 9. Yes Salah scores a lot for the dippers, but we have plenty of players who can put the ball in the net.

Although ruled out by VAR, Torres' goal last weekend was very much from the Aguero catalogue. Quick movement in behind and an instant finish into the bottom corner. It was class.

Sterling, Jesus and Torres with the creative players we have is enough to challenge for silverware. And we will most certainly be in the market for a striker whether it is or isn't next summer. And maybe...just maybe...we will sign the man everyone wanted us to this summer!

I would let him have a chance. Play him every week bang up front and let’s see how many goals he gets.

With him on RW, our wing options are now fully complete.

By that I mean each wing has 2 players comfortable there and we have options of either preferred foot.

LW: Foden left foot, Grealish right foot

RW: Jesus right foot, Mahrez left foot

With him on RW, our wing options are now fully complete.

By that I mean each wing has 2 players comfortable there and we have options of either preferred foot.

LW: Foden left foot, Grealish right foot

RW: Jesus right foot, Mahrez left foot
Might be an upgrade on 18/19 that. Plus there's still Sterling and Torres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.