9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you quit with the so called "fans" line , getting annoying that you keep doing it and mendy has won most of the above as well..

Gabby has got worse over five years , not the superstar we thought he would be from the beginning
My god you are ridiculous. Everyone can see how deliberately disingenuous you're being here and it's embarrassing and deeply offensive that you would compare Jesus to Mendy.

Not great,but then I didn't expect a motm performance considering his recent absence.

I have to say though,as much as I love his approach,I do think he is now dispensable.
We will be signing a proper striker and we have an academy full of talent waiting for the chance.
I like him a lot but think he's in trouble because in this group of players being offered new deals his name hasn't really come up. He's not really nailed down that #9 position in his time here, and now Mahrez is having the season of his life on the right... I think Jesus has real value to us because he's a squad player who never complains, plays across the entire front line, comes up with clutch goals, etc. But I do think, for his sake, it would be best if he went elsewhere.

I compared what he has won not man for man as i am sure anyone with a brain could see
Nah, don't try and play all innocent now. What you've done is argue that City fans shouldn't celebrate Jesus for what he's won as a player simply because Benjamin Mendy also happens to have the same trophies on his record. As I said, that's deliberately disingenuous and incredibly disrespectful.

Because you've got no actual argument against what I've said in defence of Jesus, and because you've got some weird vendetta against him, you've pulled an absolutely baffling and irrelevant strawman out of thin air. Imagine somebody said we shouldn't show more respect to Raheem because Mendy's won the same trophies - you'd have a fit.

While Mendy's been sat on his arse injured for 70% of his City career and allegedly committing heinous crimes during the other 30%, Jesus has been playing in over 200 games for us and contributing to over 100 goals, scoring in major finals and European knockout games, keeping his head down and actively contributing to our success.

The two are not comparable. Mendy has collected trophies, Jesus has won them. There's a huge difference. Stop making a complete fool of yourself.

Nah, don't try and play all innocent now. What you've done is argue that City fans shouldn't celebrate Jesus for what he's won as a player simply because Benjamin Mendy also happens to have the same trophies on his record. As I said, that's deliberately disingenuous and incredibly disrespectful.

Because you've got no actual argument against what I've said in defence of Jesus, and because you've got some weird vendetta against him, you've pulled an absolutely baffling and irrelevant strawman out of thin air. Imagine somebody said we shouldn't show more respect to Raheem because Mendy's won the same trophies - you'd have a fit.

While Mendy's been sat on his arse injured for 70% of his City career and allegedly committing heinous crimes during the other 30%, Jesus has been playing in over 200 games for us and contributing to over 100 goals, scoring in major finals and European knockout games, keeping his head down and actively contributing to our success.

The two are not comparable. Mendy has collected trophies, Jesus has won them. There's a huge difference. Stop making a complete fool of yourself.
Ha, if you say so kid, guess i am one of your so called "fans"

Ha, if you say so kid, guess i am one of your so called "fans"
So what this means is you've got nothing to actually say in response. Grand.

You've done that thing again (just like you did RE: Peter Dinklage, Jack Grealish... the list goes on) where you come in all hot and heavy with a half-formed opinion, get your arse handed to you by someone who's actually given the subject some thought, and then spend the rest of the "argument" trying to clutter thread with as much nonsense as possible so that the page count piles up in the hopes that people don't see you embarrassing yourself.

Feel free to have the last word with whatever witty remark you choose to respond to this post with. Let me guess, it'll be "lol".

You've done that thing again (just like you did RE: Peter Dinklage, Jack Grealish... the list goes on) where you come in all hot and heavy with a half-formed opinion, get your arse handed to you by someone who's actually given the subject some thought, and then spend the rest of the "argument" trying to clutter thread with as much nonsense as possible so that the page count piles up in the hopes that people don't see you embarrassing yourself.

Feel free to have the last word with whatever witty remark you choose to respond to this post with. Let me guess, it'll be "lol".
Try to be less hysterical

From the bench. He use to be a forward and scoring goals two or three years ago. Right now he can't play as forward in the same team (which hadn't another striker). I prefer Delap.

He just lost his train...
I prefer Li0ns:

Bizarre.
You go on about K's apparent lack of argument re Jesus but have little or none yourself beyond saying that he's won some medals in recent years.

He's a 'bit player' - always has been, always will be. He's our David Fairclough... does OK off the bench sometimes, but isn't good enough to hold down a regular starting place.

He fluffs his lines every time he gets a chance to make a real name for himself. He's not been a 'game changer' since his first season at City (nor has he for Brazil), and last night was well out of his depth against a Championship relegation side. He never once worried their defence.That's a stone cold fact.

He's simply not good enough and I don't see him getting any better. I really hope some club comes along in the summer and takes him off our hands. He's been little more than a blocker at City for the last two or three years.

He's been very lucky to be at City while trophies and medals have been won by the squad. He's been just as lucky to be a regular pick for Brazil - probably thanks mainly to Brazil being very average, and his friendship with Tite and Neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.