9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre.
You go on about K's apparent lack of argument re Jesus but have little or none yourself beyond saying that he's won some medals in recent years.

He's a 'bit player' - always has been, always will be. He's our David Fairclough... does OK off the bench sometimes, but isn't good enough to hold down a regular starting place.

He fluffs his lines every time he gets a chance to make a real name for himself. He's not been a 'game changer' since his first season at City (nor has he for Brazil), and last night was well out of his depth against a Championship relegation side. He never once worried their defence.That's a stone cold fact.

He's simply not good enough and I don't see him getting any better. I really hope some club comes along in the summer and takes him off our hands. He's been little more than a blocker at City for the last two or three years.

He's been very lucky to be at City while trophies and medals have been won by the squad. He's been just as lucky to be a regular pick for Brazil - probably thanks mainly to Brazil being very average, and his friendship with Tite and Neymar.
*sigh*. Alright then. I see you're buddy buddy with Kaz for whatever reason, so I half-expected this when you were quietly liking all of her posts. Doesn't make it any less exhausting to have to deal with her acolytes, though.

I don't mind people saying they don't rate Jesus as much as others. Football's a game of opinions. But come on man, if Jesus had signed for us in 2011 and had performed at the exact same level you wouldn't hear a word said against him on here. The absolute wham that gets chatted about a guy who's been a pretty valuable asset during our most successful era as a football club smacks of ungratefulness and entitlement that reminds me of how United fans talk. Scored more goals for us and has won more trophies than Dzeko ever did for us (and has been with us longer), and when he does finally leave there will be people saying "Oh we never replaced Jesus" etc. etc. We don't know how lucky we are to be watching the footballers we've got.

Kaz seems to understand this when people start slagging off Raheem and she rightly defends him and I've backed her up when she has, but she (and you apparently) seems to have a massive blindspot when people talk about Jesus in the same way. It's not like he's coasted or sat on the bench, taking home a massive paypacket for fuck all. He's not Danny Mills'd us or Mendy'd us, he's not even Kolo Toure'd us. He's grafted, he's scored winning goals in massive games, he's kept his head down and his mouth shut. He's not turned into a goal machine superstar striker but not everybody can? He's done his best in a blue shirt for 6 years and he's helped us win a shedload of major trophies, more major trophies than we ever thought we'd see when Pearce, Keegan and even Hughes, etc. were in charge.

I'm not saying people have to like him as player. I'm saying that, while he's in a blue shirt and putting himself about for us, representing the club, we'd do well to put a bit more respect on his name. The way people talk about him like he's a nuisance, like he's not been worth the £27m we paid for him, like he's not a young lad who moved thousands of miles to play football for City over anyone else, who's been a good professional footballer for club and country and has created memories for us Blues that have turned out to be really special - it's pathetic. That's all.

*sigh*. Alright then. I see you're buddy buddy with Kaz for whatever reason, so I half-expected this when you were quietly liking all of her posts. Doesn't make it any less exhausting to have to deal with her acolytes, though.

I don't mind people saying they don't rate Jesus as much as others. Football's a game of opinions. But come on man, if Jesus had signed for us in 2011 and had performed at the exact same level you wouldn't hear a word said against him on here. The absolute wham that gets chatted about a guy who's been a pretty valuable asset during our most successful era as a football club smacks of ungratefulness and entitlement that reminds me of how United fans talk. Scored more goals for us and has won more trophies than Dzeko ever did for us (and has been with us longer), and when he does finally leave there will be people saying "Oh we never replaced Jesus" etc. etc. We don't know how lucky we are to be watching the footballers we've got.

Kaz seems to understand this when people start slagging off Raheem and she rightly defends him and I've backed her up when she has, but she (and you apparently) seems to have a massive blindspot when people talk about Jesus in the same way. It's not like he's coasted or sat on the bench, taking home a massive paypacket for fuck all. He's not Danny Mills'd us or Mendy'd us, he's not even Kolo Toure'd us. He's grafted, he's scored winning goals in massive games, he's kept his head down and his mouth shut. He's not turned into a goal machine superstar striker but not everybody can? He's done his best in a blue shirt for 6 years and he's helped us win a shedload of major trophies, more major trophies than we ever thought we'd see when Pearce, Keegan and even Hughes, etc. were in charge.

I'm not saying people have to like him as player. I'm saying that, while he's in a blue shirt and putting himself about for us, representing the club, we'd do well to put a bit more respect on his name. The way people talk about him like he's a nuisance, like he's not been worth the £27m we paid for him, like he's not a young lad who moved thousands of miles to play football for City over anyone else, who's been a good professional footballer for club and country and has created memories for us Blues that have turned out to be really special - it's pathetic. That's all.

To be absolutely honest, the only fond 'memory' that I have of Jesus is the 100 point goal. Other than that, I think he's been a waste of space.

I've been watching City for many years and I genuinely can't think of a period where he would have been our best player. He'd have been laughed off the pitch by players and fans in the 20th century. He's a genuine 'no trick pony' - the least skilful Brazilian footballer since Jo.

I never boo a Blue on a match day, and I confine my criticism to these pages. His whole City career as a non-event in my opinion.

As for my agreement with Kaz, that's simply because I agree with her on this occasion. We've had plenty of differences on here in the past.

Hes an excellent player and to suggest he is lucky to play for two of the worlds best domestic and International teams is comical.

I suspect the very best teams will be interested in his signature should he be placed for sale.
Some on BM appear to have forgotten how long it is since he played. To pour scorn on him for his contribution in his first game back when several others played no better is stupid. I can understand why but there has been little criticism of Zinch who skyed at least 3 shots and had little to show from his crosses. Very selective some with their critiques.

To be absolutely honest, the only fond 'memory' that I have of Jesus is the 100 point goal. Other than that, I think he's been a waste of space.
This is what I'm on about really. This is disrespectful revisionism. To say he's been a "waste of space" and only produced one fond memory is ... well, it's a lie, to be honest.

https%3A%2F%2Fsaintsmarching.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F958127908-850x560.jpeg

nintchdbpict000299480330.jpg
jesus07042019.png

GettyImages-1144701999.jpg

25250148-0-image-a-46_1582762830942.jpg
.jpg
jesus-joy.jpg
_120693422_gettyimages-1342430874.jpg
2a762cdf-69f1-440c-9a93-b3f331f27eae.jpg

I've been watching City for many years and I genuinely can't think of a period where he would have been our best player. He'd have been laughed off the pitch by players and fans in the 20th century. He's a genuine 'no trick pony' - the least skilful Brazilian footballer since Jo.
Thats an asinine claim. Least skillful since Jo? Really? Please don't insult our collective intelligence. We weren't born yesterday.

This is what I'm on about really. This is disrespectful revisionism. To say he's been a "waste of space" and only produced one fond memory is ... well, it's a lie, to be honest.

https%3A%2F%2Fsaintsmarching.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F958127908-850x560.jpeg

nintchdbpict000299480330.jpg
jesus07042019.png

GettyImages-1144701999.jpg

25250148-0-image-a-46_1582762830942.jpg
.jpg
jesus-joy.jpg
_120693422_gettyimages-1342430874.jpg
2a762cdf-69f1-440c-9a93-b3f331f27eae.jpg
Lord have Mercy! You came with pictorial reciepts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.