9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assisted the first, won the penalty for the second and yet gets slaughtered. His overall game wasn't great today but nobody was. He was the only one of the front 3 that tracked back and worked tirelessly whilst the other 2 strolled around, and he produced when it mattered. If Grealish had those stats they'd be a dozen pages saying he was brilliant.

In high intensity games, his skillset shines, he has to play upfront with mahrez and foden either side in those games, particularly the Liverpool games. Jesus offers us things others can't.

There's always talk of him moving on so I don't take too much notice of it but just seems a bit more likely at the minute. would be a mistake to lose him in my opinion, I'd say only mahrez and foden of our attackers are less expendable.

Assisted the first, won the penalty for the second and yet gets slaughtered. His overall game wasn't great today but nobody was. He was the only one of the front 3 that tracked back and worked tirelessly whilst the other 2 strolled around, and he produced when it mattered. If Grealish had those stats they'd be a dozen pages saying he was brilliant.

In high intensity games, his skillset shines, he has to play upfront with mahrez and foden either side in those games, particularly the Liverpool games. Jesus offers us things others can't.

There's always talk of him moving on so I don't take too much notice of it but just seems a bit more likely at the minute. would be a mistake to lose him in my opinion, I'd say only mahrez and foden of our attackers are less expendable.
Agreed,he was the best of our attackers.He was persistently causing the Saints issues with his tireless running and efforts and his defensive duties were also impressive.
He may not be the most talented player we have,but his industry and unselfishness will be sorely missed if he ever leaves.

He’s been out a while so will be rusty & he knows a striker is inbound next season so he’s probably trying too much.

he will help us to a trophy this season. Always pops up with a goal or 2

Always dangerous and hard work. He gets shunted round the team to often accommodate others who offer less. Was our best player at the start of the season and lost his place due to Mahrez’s sensational form.
But I think he deserves the same game time as Sterling or Grealish and we’d be better for it.

Raheem can score a goal and win a penalty, but if the rest of his game isn't perfect he gets slaughtered on here all the same. It's hardly fair that Jesus can have two moments in a whole game where he didn't do the wrong thing and that's considered enough, when we don't cut our other forwards the same slack.

Raheem can score a goal and win a penalty, but if the rest of his game isn't perfect he gets slaughtered on here all the same. It's hardly fair that Jesus can have two moments in a whole game where he didn't do the wrong thing and that's considered enough, when we don't cut our other forwards the same slack.
Conversely, maybe the lesson is that people should be less critical of our other forwards then.

Always dangerous and hard work. He gets shunted round the team to often accommodate others who offer less. Was our best player at the start of the season and lost his place due to Mahrez’s sensational form.
But I think he deserves the same game time as Sterling or Grealish and we’d be better for it.
I have always been a fan of Gabriel's but am surprised at the love in here. I don't think he did much yesterday - not as dangerous as Raheem for example. He won the penalty through some nifty work but it was pretty soft. In fact I don't think he's done too much in his last few games, for example not sure where his next goal is coming from?
I suspect he will leave if Haaland comes in

For me, him going is only a possibility because of who is coming in, Haaland and Alvarez, someone has to leave and I think 2 forwards need to go, that's the only reason Jesus leaving is on anybody's mind.

Juve seem to be letting Dybala go, could be a good move for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.