9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Jota's goal, Jesus gave up tracing back and lost his man Roberson. Roberson picked up the loose ball and it was vital to that goal. It was not like a defender beaten by a world-class attacker. It was just attitude problem. A few yard of tracing back and the problem will be solved. Instead, Jesus just stood still there. Unforgivable. Especially when we were 1-0 up.

For Jota's goal, Jesus gave up tracing back and lost his man Roberson. Roberson picked up the loose ball and it was vital to that goal. It was not like a defender beaten by a world-class attacker. It was just attitude problem. A few yard of tracing back and the problem will be solved. Instead, Jesus just stood still there. Unforgivable. Especially when we were 1-0 up.
His attitude??? Seriously?

Maybe not an 'attitude' matter, but it can't be denied that Jesus effectively 'goes missing' / is largely ineffective for long periods of games. I wouldn't say that he 'hides', more a case of his work being a bit aimless. He doesn't make enough impact on defenders to force mistakes.
He flatters to deceive.

This moment.
Jesus had enough time to move to a position closer to the box before Bernado/Stones cleared up header. OR if he concentrated more he would have chance to catch up Roberson. But Roberson started quicker than him while he was still enjoy watching like a VIP.
We played a 4-4-2 defensive block and Jesus did not fill his position - thus left a big gap on the right flank.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 16.07.06-min.png

Maybe not an 'attitude' matter, but it can't be denied that Jesus effectively 'goes missing' / is largely ineffective for long periods of games. I wouldn't say that he 'hides', more a case of his work being a bit aimless. He doesn't make enough impact on defenders to force mistakes.
He flatters to deceive.
I agree he’s got negatives to his game. He’s defo not a striker and doesn’t possess that clinical instinct imo. However the one area he excels in and I’m sure has resulted in his selection more often then not is his positive attitude and his physical effort on the pitch is exceptional. In short there’s a few areas where he can be justifiably castigated but attitude is definitely not one.

This moment.
Jesus had enough time to move to a position closer to the box before Bernado/Stones cleared up header. OR if he concentrated more he would have chance to catch up Roberson. But Roberson started quicker than him while he was still enjoy watching like a VIP.
We played a 4-4-2 defensive block and Jesus did not fill his position - thus left a big gap on the right flank.

View attachment 40128
Cherry picking a moment in a game against one of the best club sides in Europe? Definitely not an example of him having a bad attitude. He switched off. They’re different things. I don’t know a single city fan that would highlight his attitude as being an issue.

This is the moment when Thiago passed the long ball.
City defended in 4-4-2 shape. Jesus should start to trace back and pay attention to Roberson. Roberson was behind Jesus and out of the screenshot right now. It is an important principle for the wide defender to pay attention to opposite wide man and make sure himself closer to the box in a better position to collect potential loose ball while attacking was on the other side of the pich.
Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 13.04.07.png

But Jesus was slow and did not move to his position. Left a big gap in City right flank. Here points out where Jesus should be.
And Roberson was clearly more focused and started quicker than Jesus. We lost the loose ball and it resulted in the deadly pass from Roberson to TAA.
When you played against world class passer Roberson and TAA, you must make sure they don't have a chance to pass without pressure in dangerous position.
Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 16.07.06-min (1)-min.png

Last edited:
Cherry picking a moment in a game against one of the best club sides in Europe? Definitely not an example of him having a bad attitude. He switched off. They’re different things. I don’t know a single city fan that would highlight his attitude as being an issue.

The first thing I said in the post was "For Jota's goal".
This is not cherry picking. This is the moment when we lost a very important goal.
Of course he used to be very good in terms of helping the defensive and that was part of Jesus I loved. I remembered how good and hard work he was against PSG.
But not in this game, really disappointed. It was not like we asked him to sprint back but just a few yard would be enough.

Oh dear, I would really hate to be Sterling, Jesus or Mahrez on this forum. These 3 are damned! damned if they do, damned if they don't! Totally fucked to be either one of them here.
tuxpi.com.1649765867.jpg

The first thing I said in the post was "For Jota's goal".
This is not cherry picking. This is the moment when we lost a very important goal.
Of course he used to be very good in terms of helping the defensive and that was part of Jesus I loved. I remembered how good and hard work he was against PSG.
But not in this game, really disappointed. It was not like we asked him to sprint back but just a few yard would be enough.
I think he kept Robertson quiet for best part of the game. Probably the best LB in the prem. Jesus has not played as much as he could have and this is down to ability not attitude. For me a move to Juve/Italy would suit him and I think the club and fans would thank him for his contribution. I just can’t see a fault in his attitude. It’s his number 1 resource imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.