9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the moment when Thiago passed the long ball.
City defended in 4-4-2 shape. Jesus should start to trace back and pay attention to Roberson. Roberson was behind Jesus and out of the screenshot right now. It is an important for the wide defender to pay attention to opposite wide man and make sure himself closer to the box in a better position to collect potential loose ball while attacking was on the other side of the pich.
View attachment 40130

But Jesus was slow and did not move to his position. Left a big gap in City right flank. Here points out where Jesus should be.
And Roberson was clearly more focused and started quicker than Jesus. We lost the loose ball and it resulted in the deadly pass from Roberson to TAA.
When you played against world class passer Roberson and TAA, you must make sure they don't have a chance to pass without pressure in dangerous position.
View attachment 40131
Thats some good insight. I have to admit I missed that element of their first goal.

Maybe not an 'attitude' matter, but it can't be denied that Jesus effectively 'goes missing' / is largely ineffective for long periods of games. I wouldn't say that he 'hides', more a case of his work being a bit aimless. He doesn't make enough impact on defenders to force mistakes.
He flatters to deceive.
If only you could be this critical about Jack "we need to sign Haaland to get the best out of him" Grealish

Thats some good insight. I have to admit I missed that element of their first goal.

Jesus was not the only person to blame. Ederson, Cancelo and Foden all made small mistakes during this goal. Cancelo should give Salah more pressue when Salah turned and made the first cross. Foden should pay attention to Jota when Cancelo rushed to defend TAA.
But Jesus's mistake was the easiest to correct.

Foden should not jump so quickly before making sure Bernado took control of the ball. But he ran too quickly and when he found out Roberson had the loose ball, he had lost his position against TAA and could not recover it.

Cancelo realised it and tried to make it up. He rushed to TAA. At that moment Foden/Cancelo should swich their defensive responsibility (Cancelo-Jota, Foden-TAA). But Foden stopped and forgot to defend Jota.

Thus Jota was in a perfect unmark position and it was down to Ederson to defend the shot. Ederson could be better but...

City had this problem on the left side for quite long time. No matter it was Foden or Grealish, Cancelo and the left winger often had some communication problem when switching defensive responsibility. To make it worse, Larpote was not good at commanding or aggressive defending shots.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 13.29.23.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 13.29.23.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 13.29.23.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Oh dear, I would really hate to be Sterling, Jesus or Mahrez on this forum. These 3 are damned! damned if they do, damned if they don't! Totally fucked to be either one of them here.
View attachment 40139

Bit over the top and, in my opinion, quite petty.

Just because people have a different view on players doesn't mean they're aiming to 'force them out'.

Personally, I think Jesus is hugely overrated by many people on here. Raheem Sterling on his day is borderline world class. Like Raheem, Riyad Mahrez is an easy target for the doubters because he spends 90% of the game effectively nailed down on the touchline in line with Pep's system.

Sterling and Mahrez score goals. Jesus isn't in the same class, either as a goalscorer or wide man.

Jota's goal was the price paid for Jesus 'switching off' during the biggest game of the season to date. Pep will have been furious.

If only you could be this critical about Jack "we need to sign Haaland to get the best out of him" Grealish
Jack Grealish is three times the player that Gabriel Jesus is.
Jesus has had years to get his act together at City and still, no-one seems to be sure what his 'best' (least worst) role is. He's certainly not a guaranteed starter. He'd be best leaving for an easier league in warmer climes to restart his career.

Jack Grealish is three times the player that Gabriel Jesus is.
Jesus has had years to get his act together at City and still, no-one seems to be sure what his 'best' (least worst) role is. He's certainly not a guaranteed starter. He'd be best leaving for an easier league in warmer climes to restart his career.
Based on what? its a shame how some of us conduct ourselves on this forum, throwing certain players under the bus for absolutely no reason while glorifying others who have absolutely done fuck all! I hate to break it to you but even a player like Sancho in his first season in the pl has done much more than Grealish. Let that sink in.

I would give Grealish my respect when or rather IF he justifies his signing. Jesus has my utmost respect as he has made the most of the bit part play time he has been giving. Having a crush on a footballer and acknowledging a footballer's abilities are two very different things. Lets not let our fantasies cloud our judgement here.

Last edited:
Based on what? its a shame how some of us conduct ourselves on this forum, throwing certain players under the bus for absolutely no reason while glorifying others who have absolutely done fuck all! I hate to break it to you but even a player like Sancho in his first season in the pl has done much more than Grealish. Let that sink in.

I would give Grealish my respect when or rather IF he justifies his signing. Jesus has my utmost respect as he has made the most of the bit part play time he has been giving. Having a crush on a footballer and acknowledging a footballer's abilities are two very different things. Lets not let our fantasies cloud our judgement here.
So impatient.

I've said many times on here that Grealish was signed at a time when we were 99.9% sure that Kane was coming. It's not his fault that Pep's plans for 21/22 were spoiled by Levy.

Wait until he's playing in a system designed for a genuine striker before ou judge Grealish

As for Jesus... He's regressed over the last three seasons and has failed to reach his early potential. He's only still with City because we didn't get Harry Kane.

So impatient.

I've said many times on here that Grealish was signed at a time when we were 99.9% sure that Kane was coming. It's not his fault that Pep's plans for 21/22 were spoiled by Levy.

Wait until he's playing in a system designed for a genuine striker before ou judge Grealish

As for Jesus... He's regressed over the last three seasons and has failed to reach his early potential. He's only still with City because we didn't get Harry Kane.
Given Pep has said we never even put in a bid for Kane, we were never anywhere near being 99.9% sure of signing Kane.

The Grealish overpraising doesn't need to spill into this thread so I'll keep this bit as short as possible, If a player can only perform in one particular setup then he isn't city material. Every single one of our attacking players will benefit from having a striker, why is Grealish going to suddenly benefit more?

As for Jesus, there was never any indication he was leaving last summer, Kane or no Kane. No idea where you've come up with that from. He's just played a key role in one of our most important games and scored, he's been key in huge games over the seasons, this season alone as well as scoring last weekend he was excellent and got the winner at Stamford Bridge, he was excellent at Anfield and created a goal there that got us a point. in the big games when we play in a manner that suits his skills he turns up consistently and deserves far more respect than to say a guy who has done fuck all for us so far in his city career is 3 times the player.

Haha....has he fucked regressed.

His all round game has improved superbly,sure he isnt as prolific as we would want,but thats because he has evolved into a player that offers far more than a traditional 9.

Without this kid,our success would be far less and he starts in our best 11 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.