9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His heart is always in it but I don’t see any improvement in his game & his goals have stopped. Maybe one more season out wide will work. He’s not a striker & sadly he’s been given that responsibility for too long.

Amazing to see him being dug out after that game. No excuse for the miss, that simply has to go in but it's his individual play that's got us back into the game and he was the only attacking threat we had for the entire 90 minutes. He's been the best attacker on the pitch in 2 from 3 of the games against Liverpool this season, and the Anfield game he was only just behind Foden. He's provided either an assist or a goal in each of the games, he produces in the big games yet he's getting ripped on whilst others are getting praise despite offering nowhere near the same contribution.

Reckon it's Jesus out the door come summer if the Haaland & Alvarez stuff is true. I'm sad about it because I like him a lot. He works hard, contributes a lot, never moans. But he's not quite the top level striker we're after and he deserves better than what he's got here. He'll definitely find it elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if that long-rumoured move to Juve actually happens this time, or if Arteta comes in for him if Arsenal can finish in the top 4.

Reckon it's Jesus out the door come summer if the Haaland & Alvarez stuff is true. I'm sad about it because I like him a lot. He works hard, contributes a lot, never moans. But he's not quite the top level striker we're after and he deserves better than what he's got here. He'll definitely find it elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if that long-rumoured move to Juve actually happens this time, or if Arteta comes in for him if Arsenal can finish in the top 4.
Jesus doesn't even like the striker role.

And indeed when playing for Brazil his sentiment is the same.

Jesus is obviously talented - but he's definitely not a world class striker - and as a winger - some of his games were awesome but not all. My opinion is that, on the wing, he's not quite as good as Mahrez or Sterling.

So I agree - Jesus might leave our club next summer. I wish him well if he does leave.

Very good summary I think. I like Jesus, works hard, runs a lot - not a lot of end product in the end though in terms of goals. Roughly 1 goal in every 3 games is not awful but we need someone with a better conversion rate/ more goals in them.

Having said that, you never hear anything bad about him off the pitch, clearly dedicated on the pitch - does not moan as you say and I think that is a credit to him.

I hope the move to Barcelona works out for him and wish him all the best wherever he will end up.

Very good summary I think. I like Jesus, works hard, runs a lot - not a lot of end product in the end though in terms of goals. Roughly 1 goal in every 3 games is not awful but we need someone with a better conversion rate/ more goals in them.

Having said that, you never hear anything bad about him off the pitch, clearly dedicated on the pitch - does not moan as you say and I think that is a credit to him.

I hope the move to Barcelona works out for him and wish him all the best wherever he will end up.

You say not a lot of end product, but he's third this season for goals and assists per 90 minutes behind mahrez and kdb. Better output than Gundogan, sterling and foden who all sit beneath him in that order, the last attacker not named in Grealish is some way back, sitting behind fernandinho.

He's the third best contributor to the side and gives us unrivalled workrate off the ball.which is vital in the big games. We have to be criticising the entire attack bar mahrez and kdb if we are suggesting jesus isn't offering enough.

You say not a lot of end product, but he's third this season for goals and assists per 90 minutes behind mahrez and kdb. Better output than Gundogan, sterling and foden who all sit beneath him in that order, the last attacker not named in Grealish is some way back, sitting behind fernandinho.

He's the third best contributor to the side and gives us unrivalled workrate off the ball.which is vital in the big games. We have to be criticising the entire attack bar mahrez and kdb if we are suggesting jesus isn't offering enough.
Great post.

Bear him no ill will- in fact, I wish him all the best and will smile when I see that he's scored just as I do with Silva or Dzeko- but him leaving feels like the best option.

We need a striker. His shift to winger probably sealed his fate. He's not as good as Mahrez and we would probably prefer Palmer to be 2nd choice there rather than 3rd.

He's done well for us but is yet to reach his incredibly high potential. I actually thought he was a more instinctive finisher when we first signed him.

A club where he can play in a front two would be ideal as I've always thought of him as essentially a much, much better Shinji Okazaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.