9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s an excellent player and the fact he is being more regularly used as a wide player is benefitting him.

I think a lot of the criticisms aimed at him are because he’s no Aguero. It seems he was brought in to be his long-term successor but he doesn’t have that natural strikers instinct.

There was a moment yesterday when he brilliantly controlled the ball in the Villa area with a ridiculous first touch, only to blast the ball well wide when the chance presented itself.

In reality, that’s Gabby in a nutshell. He does the hard things well but wastes golden opportunities. Yet, he has a strikers instinct when getting assists. His cross to Bernie was brilliant.

Regardless of who we bring in as a striker, Gabby must stay.

Agree totally. In years to come it may even be seen as iconic as David's pass at the swamp.

Should have started. Looked sharp when he came on but the game was already won and it was simply a keep ball game at that point.

Foden jesus sterling is imo the best front 3 we can put out right now.

Should have started. Looked sharp when he came on but the game was already won and it was simply a keep ball game at that point.

Foden-Jesus-Mahrez for me.

He's un-ironically our most clinical forward.

Foden-Jesus-Mahrez for me.

He's un-ironically our most clinical forward.
I see the merits in both.

I think Mahrez really shines against the "top" teams and Sterling is better against the teams that sit back.

Really feared that he’d come off even worse after that challenge. Studs on the back of the heel AND the way his ankle torqued. I don’t think Cathcart intentionally tried to make that kind of challenge - I think it was just an intentional professional foul - but it was clumsy enough to become a challenge that was pretty nasty.

Really feared that he’d come off even worse after that challenge. Studs on the back of the heel AND the way his ankle torqued. I don’t think Cathcart intentionally tried to make that kind of challenge - I think it was just an intentional professional foul - but it was clumsy enough to become a challenge that was pretty nasty.
as Pep said, it was an 'orange' card. Seems okay though.

It won't happen in my life time, but there should be a sin bin/temporary suspension rule introduced for that type of foul, "orange" as Pep suggested. They are too dangerous for a mere yellow but a little short of worthy of a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.