9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sure someone has already posted this but my theory is he's definitely leaving, feels less pressure to perform, bingo he's scoring. Granted it's Watford but if he can keep this up it would be massive for our remaining games.

Had a blinder today absolutely, great bloody game but let's put this in perspective.. it's almost the end of the season and he scored more goals today than he has scored all season and against the 2nd bottom team. Jesus is solid without being mind blowing.. happy for him to move on as I still feel there must be better around.. it's one game, hopefully he can get even better but I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves yet.. let's see how the rest of the season goes for him

Had a blinder today absolutely, great bloody game but let's put this in perspective.. it's almost the end of the season and he scored more goals today than he has scored all season and against the 2nd bottom team. Jesus is solid without being mind blowing.. happy for him to move on as I still feel there must be better around.. it's one game, hopefully he can get even better but I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves yet.. let's see how the rest of the season goes for him
Put in perspective what an interrupted season he has had, how often he has played well but not scored, second only to Aguero in goals per minute at City, is this the only game you have seen this season, and more importantly who are these "better around" players you suggest we buy to replace him, ie. costing £25 or less and with a better record at PL level at 25 years old.

He should really be our 9 this year. He does all the false 9 stuff as well as our midfielders and for as shit as his finishing can be hes still got more of an eye for goals than our other "false 9s"

But it's his pressing from the front that really stands out. He's fantastic in that aspect.
I can't think of a better player that does it.

Brilliant performance which showed he has all the tools needed to play as a centre forward which makes his last couple of seasons even more frustrating.
I think maybe he is too much of a team player for both club and country and maybe he should have been more selfish and focused on scoring himself.
I also think playing as the centre forward or false nine for this latest iteration of City can be very difficult due to the low block and must get frustrating so I can see why he has expressed a preference to play as a wide attacker.
I would love for him to build on this performance and deliver on the promise of his early time at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.