90 minutes of booing Dippers

In some ways the booing was a bit smalltime, but I think if it was the other way around and we had caused the opposition to crumble in such a big game and went on to win, I would love it.

jrb said:
Got to agree with PB.

Put the Hillsborough thing to one side.

Their fans didn't half make some noise today. And yes, they went quiet for a period when we scored our goals and were on top. Prior to that they were very loud. It wasn't only the KOP, that holds 25,000 fans, it was the 3 other stands as well. The whole of Anfield got behind Liverpool and sang as one on numerous occasions.

Going back to the KOP. It's amazing how much affect such a stand can have, not only the team, but on the rest of the stadium. Hence why when City planned to expand the Etihad, they should have created a similar stand at either end of the ground. Yes it would have cost more and meant one end of the stadium would have been closed or partly closed for a season or two, but it would have been worth it in the long run.

Fast forward to Wednesday. I can tell you now, our singing sections will struggle to get anything going. As for the other stands, you won't hear a chant. OK, maybe the odd "come on City!", but that will be about it.
but but but as depressing Dave says, it's ok for everybody to stand at half time instead of during the game as fans can do what they want.

Prestwich_Blue said:
At least they made some noise, unlike the fucking mausoleum that was the Etihad last week. We couldn't even generate an atmosphere against Barca.

Absolutely, we're shit fans and should fuck off back to Division Two where we belong with the others.

jrb said:
Got to agree with PB.

Their fans didn't half make some noise today. And yes, they went quiet for a period when we scored our goals and were on top. Prior to that they were very loud. It wasn't only the KOP, that holds 25,000 fans, it was the 3 other stands as well. The whole of Anfield got behind Liverpool and sang as one on numerous occasions.

Going back to the KOP. It's amazing how much affect such a stand can have, not only the team, but on the rest of the stadium. Hence why when City planned to expand the Etihad, they should have created a similar stand at either end of the ground. Yes it would have cost more and meant one end of the stadium would have been closed or partly closed for a season or two, but it would have been worth it in the long run.

Fast forward to Wednesday. I can tell you now, our singing sections will struggle to get anything going. As for the other stands, you won't hear a chant. OK, maybe the odd "come on City!", but that will be about it.

doubling the size of the kop there I think. you might wanna recount the seats. if it holds 25000 people which it doesn't, then how come anfield only holds 44k?

mcfc1894 said:
jrb said:
Got to agree with PB.

doubling the size of the kop there I think. you might wanna recount the seats. if it holds 25000 people which it doesn't, then how come anfield only holds 44k?

Apologies, it does. My mistake. :-?

Then again, it just shows how loud 11,000+ fans can be in one stand/stadium. Perhaps our 47,000 fans will be just as loud on Wednesday?

I appreciate emotions are raw ATM, and this won't go down well(f*** it!) but today was a lesson in how to support your team when they need your support.

Kun Aguero said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
dw7 said:
Fair play to them. They were trying to put our players off and encourage their own.
You are a ****. You're not a blue, you're just a ****, and how the fuck you've lasted this long is beyond me Capital C.

You fucking tell them Gaylord!

Gaylord - clearly in need of a lobotomy

jrb said:
mcfc1894 said:
jrb said:
Got to agree with PB.

Apologies, it does. My mistake. :-?

Then again, it just shows how loud 11,000+ fans can be in one stand/stadium. Perhaps our 47,000 fans will be just as loud on Wednesday?

I appreciate emotions are raw ATM, and this won't go down well(f*** it!) but today was a lesson in how to support your team when they need your support.

the low roof helps a great deal. not saying thats the only reason why, but its a huge factor. also thats the loudest anfield has ever been when I've been, usually its very quiet apart from you'll never walk alone at the beginning. in our ground our most vocal fans have nothing to keep the sound in, it's like having a stand with no roof

The stage when the premature millionaires of Liverpool may have actually required their fans to back them (at 2-2, 60th-80th minute or so) they were nowhere to be heard.

Our atmosphere is practically non existent these days, our record still fantastic. Footballers these days will take very little from the atmosphere, it's more for us, the spectators.

Having said that, as much as i thought the boo-ing (along with everything else - greeting the bus as it arrived at the stadium, being allowed to come out 5 minutes early and sing a song before kick off, Gerrard crying and giving a cliche riddled 'speech' on the pitch infront of the sky cameras) was incredibly childish/small time/disrespectful. i can't help think we'd have done the same thing, given the chance - the booing that is, not waving flags at a darkened window bus, 5 games before the end of the season.

mansour's tow ropes said:
In some ways the booing was a bit smalltime, but I think if it was the other way around and we had caused the opposition to crumble in such a big game and went on to win, I would love it.

Fair comment, it sounded a bit stoke city-ish, thought it was low booing joe hart like that though. But as you say they will now think it worked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.