A front 3 of Adebayor, Tevez and Balotelli at home?

Brendan110_0 said:
simon23 said:
fully agree...

it was a fantastic result and we looked as solid as ive ever seen a city side but looking att he attacking performance it was very very average..

we have rarely looked a threat going forward since RM took over...again its about the balance of his team. I stil think he is over cautious. Teams like chelski and utd take charge of games and attack the opposition not just with a front 3 but from midfield. We are dominating possession in the middle of the park but are doing very little creatively with it.

when the likes of utd arsenal, chelski, and spur attack they often have 5 or 6 players in the attack....we rarely have more than 4.....sometimes we have 3

the likes of barry, and especially djong are rarely going to get goals.....barry has scored 2 goals (i think ) since he has come to city including the one he got against liverpool....he is limited in terms of attacking potential.
I dont think yaya (as good a player as he is) should be the creative force in our team....he should be in the starting 11 but his role should be different.

Im waiting to see what RM does when he has his fullbacks back...im hoping this is where we will get more attacking options from.....but for now he should be changing the way we are playing because without atacking fullbacks its very very limiting going forward

lol @ above comment.........defenders attacking is totally pointless, that's why we have 3 wingers at our club - should leave that to them. Makes me laugh when people say Glen Johnson is a great player (always abandons his defensive duties and leaves wingers nowhere to go!)

er so you havent watched the likes of chelski or utd play in recent yrs....where they have attacking fullbacks like cole, evra who create width. I believe that what RM is trying to do is play with a very compact diamond formation in midfield with players who dont suppply natural width.....but with full backs who can join the attack when they want.

have you noticed the difference in how swp is playing in the last couple of games...he is under instruction to make runs inside the fullbacks (the chance vs spurs at the start of the second half, and the goal he scored the other week)...he has made varios runs like this in the last few games....i dont think RM will play with natural width very often.....even though he may play with both swp and AJ on the pitch.....though AJ does provide more width than an yone he as well does like to cut inside

I agree about johnson...but you cannt say the same of evra and cole to name two others....even the chuckle neville provides width for utd when playing (he has decent cross on him as well)....oh and who set up the barry goal vs valencia with a great cross from the right hand side...if my memory is not mistaken then is was boatang.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:21 pm --<br /><br />
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
simon23 said:
fully agree...

it was a fantastic result and we looked as solid as ive ever seen a city side but looking att he attacking performance it was very very average..

we have rarely looked a threat going forward since RM took over...again its about the balance of his team. I stil think he is over cautious. Teams like chelski and utd take charge of games and attack the opposition not just with a front 3 but from midfield. We are dominating possession in the middle of the park but are doing very little creatively with it.

when the likes of utd arsenal, chelski, and spur attack they often have 5 or 6 players in the attack....we rarely have more than 4.....sometimes we have 3

the likes of barry, and especially djong are rarely going to get goals.....barry has scored 2 goals (i think ) since he has come to city including the one he got against liverpool....he is limited in terms of attacking potential.
I dont think yaya (as good a player as he is) should be the creative force in our team....he should be in the starting 11 but his role should be different.

Im waiting to see what RM does when he has his fullbacks back...im hoping this is where we will get more attacking options from.....but for now he should be changing the way we are playing because without atacking fullbacks its very very limiting going forward

see sabster i can accept, he knows jack shit and basically looks within any thread to attach himself to the first bit of negativity he can find..... stand up simon.
So the liverpool performance was poor in attacking terms? how the fuck can you expect anyone to take you seriously with a comment like that? We also went to sunderland, i'm guessing you didnt, and ripped them a new one for the whole of the 1st half, the rest is history. Seriously i'd be concerned when you have someone like sabster agreeing with you.

ooh i have the mighty zin having a pop at me!!!...

We had a lot of posession in the liverpool game (60% or above if i remember correctly) and we dominated the game in midfield with ease....but how many clear cut chances did we create from open play???.....

and what the fuck has it got to do with whether i was at the sunderland game or not ( i wasnt i was on holiday) but i still managed to get to an internet cafe and watch the game....are you one of those people who are a bigger fan than the rest of us cause you go to more games?......seriously get a life!

I think once the new players are settled and Mancini has his systems/coaching/formations sorted we'll be more adventurous, that's why he's gone for Barry, De Jong and Yaya in the middle. I also think Kolorov and Boateng will make a difference going forward when brought in as fullback. Defensively we look strong.

I think the system and players will alternate depending on opposition, form and fitness, and most of the big name players will make ~30 appearences each over the course of the season. No point in rushing players back from injury when we have the strength in depth. I would expect one of the three named CMs above to be replaced by a more attack minded player in time

Stillsy said:
Sabster said:
FFS, someone can be objective without hating the person they criticise or being a rag.

haha im only joking pal.

but you do seem to be very negative towards the blues

Negative?
I got destroyed for suggesting we had the best strike force in the world.

It's a nice thought but I think the most adventurous starting 11 that will be seen would be

------Toure-Barry------
-Johnson--Tevez--Silva-
--------Adebayor-------

That's probably pushing it a bit, maybe without Adebayor and Milner in there somewhere.

Sabster said:
Stillsy said:
haha im only joking pal.

but you do seem to be very negative towards the blues

Negative?

no you got blasted for saying that we look toothless in attack or something along those lines

please stop being such a rag

Papa Smurf said:
Sabster said:
Negative?

no you got blasted for saying that we look toothless in attack or something along those lines

please stop being such a rag

Lol, read the thread about someone saying our strike force was light..

Anyways, so far this season we have kept the ball brilliantly just been toothless.

Don't play the victim Sabster, it doesn't make anyone look good.

If you're going to have controversial opinions you're going to get stick. Shit happens.

Brwned said:
Don't play the victim Sabster, it doesn't make anyone look good.

If you're going to have controversial opinions you're going to get stick. Shit happens.

The opinion that we have been toothless is hardly contreversial. It is simply the truth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.