a little birdie...Torres et al...

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheLegendOfBerti said:
Sabster said:
Messi has never performed against English teams

no...only that matchwinning performance in the Champions League final and his header, been like 5ft tall against the "world class" defenders, Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand.

AND the 4 goals he scored in 1 game against Arsenal last season, I really hope you're joking, really do.

Arsenal don't count as english (silvestre was playing), if you exclude the 4 against aresnal which is statistically an anomoly he has scored 1 in 13 against english oposition

Tarnats left peg said:
posted 12 Jul the past

Having had a beer or two with people I consider very reliable and without agendas over last couple days...

Apologies for not replying to a number of PMs or not using this opportunity to heal with the power of music.

This is posted in good faith, certainly without any concerns about someone with the benefit of hindsight going all Trotsky on me...

We have pulled the plug on Mido, we have not spoken with the player, his camp have been making encouraging noises, but that's all.

There is no agreement in place, no deal agreed whatsoever, he was one of only four other striker options, all being considered.

There WERE issues with Andy Cole a couple months back, they certainly say with regards his agent - he was put back in his place - the owners will not allow his sale.

Interest from Portsmouth and Arry, however, is very real.

Cole has been promised players of world stature.

I have had no previous inkling of player targets Bosvelt and Dabo . This interest was said to me to be VERY REAL.

BOTH players have expressed a desire to come to us and want a deal done.

Jimmy Bullard is NO smokescreen - we love the boy to bits - we are hoping to speak with Wigan this week. We are not moving on £2m - albeit Mills and Thatcher are both being suggested.

Gravesen is a watching brief, although they would not say if this was related to Bullard.

Valencias Corradi is also still on the radar, with potential scenarios involved, including Vassell.

Rivaldo, apparently we are being used to ramp up an auction. An interest and making a definitive offer, two very different things.

The owners have an eye on a particular show stopper, it would piss off a number of people.

They gave me a name, but if there is the slightest chance of this being a possibility, I will refrain for now.

We are supposedly delighted with how our business is being conducted.

Reyna and Sinclair can both stay, but we will not stand in their way if the right club and offer is out there.

We would like to conclude on two deals by the end of this week.

As for the knockers and some of the comments in the media, it has not gone unnoticed, nor unexpected.

From the PR people to the very top of Wardle, the manager and Makin, we are keeping our powder dry.

What impressed me more than anything, was one of my associates saying City plan to speak through actions rather than words very shortly.

PMSL Quality mate..........

ST Coleridge said:
I don't understand - Zin said that Torres was 'done', that he'd said yes?

Oh, I don't know, it's all very confusing.

Thanks anyway.

I've said many times that my info said torres was not an option. Ibra was and is mancini's top target. Balotelli is also wanted. Dzeko I believe is a back up to ibra. Defence wise I maintain that bale was our first choice left back but this isnot gonna happen. Milner as I've said before go to the bookies.

Sabster said:
Arsenal don't count as english (silvestre was playing), if you exclude the 4 against aresnal which is statistically an anomoly he has scored 1 in 13 against english oposition
If you exclude all the games Drogba scored in last season then he scored none against English opposition. Chelsea should drop him quick and sign Samaras!

Irwell said:
Sabster said:
If you exclude all the games Drogba scored in last season then he scored none against English opposition. Chelsea should drop him quick and sign Samaras!

Nice slippery slope argument there mate.

Messi's 4 goals against arsenal is statistically an anomaly - however you define an anomoly (2 standard deviaitons above the mean or 1.5IQR + Q3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.