a little birdie...Torres et al...

Status
Not open for further replies.
rassclot said:
i give you rory delap. those throw ins of his will really piss all our opponents off ;)

LOL. Good call with Manu and Drogba on the end of those throws

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Just to clear up apparent confusion.

We will not be the ones pissed off - it will be the rest of football when we are done.

I cannot think of any player signing for us that would piss the rest of football off. A gross exaggeration IMO. No offence THD. I can see a signing pissing of a club like Fabregas coming here instead of Barca for instance.

Not only that there isn't many players who have the WOW factor (like Messi) that aren't already committed elsewhere and more importantly wouldn't come to City (not yet...). I suspect our No. 1 target may not be as "huge" as some think. Don't get me wrong considering where we were a few years back he'll be a class act but a WOW signing? Nah.

CityPar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Just to clear up apparent confusion.

We will not be the ones pissed off - it will be the rest of football when we are done.

I cannot think of any player signing for us that would piss the rest of football off. A gross exaggeration IMO. No offence THD. I can see a signing pissing of a club like Fabregas coming here instead of Barca for instance.

Not only that there isn't many players who have the WOW factor (like Messi) that aren't already committed elsewhere and more importantly wouldn't come to City (not yet...). I suspect our No. 1 target may not be as "huge" as some think. Don't get me wrong considering where we were a few years back he'll be a class act but a WOW signing? Nah.

I fully agree with you!

mcfcinprague said:
C_T_I_D said:
Tevez, Adebayor, Silva, Yaya Touré all just disagreed with you.

We already have those players I think

I'm talkng about not getting Messi Kaka Ronaldo Rooney Droghba Anelka Ibrahimovich Sjneider etc.

Exactly! That's the point I'm making. If we can attract talent like that, why can't we attract the others?

I'd lay money on us being able to attract Anelka and Ibra. The others I'm not too sure about and I think they'd be more sensative / complicated deals to conduct / negotiate.

Like someone said on an earlier post the owners aren't thinking 2nd best - they're talking the cremé de la cremé.

This would be so much easier if we knew their position.

Forward?
Mid?
Defence?
Keeper?

Thats all we need.

C_T_I_D said:
mcfcinprague said:

We already have those players I think

I'm talkng about not getting Messi Kaka Ronaldo Rooney Droghba Anelka Ibrahimovich Sjneider etc.

Exactly! That's the point I'm making. If we can attract talent like that, why can't we attract the others?

I'd lay money on us being able to attract Anelka and Ibra. The others I'm not too sure about and I think they'd be more sensative / complicated deals to conduct / negotiate.

Like someone said on an earlier post the owners aren't thinking 2nd best - they're talking the cremé de la cremé.

Anelka and Ibra are not the creme de la creme

We will have to settle for good old vanilla ice cream I fear

The Fixer said:
Remember guys tolm never said this player(s) was best in the world but a show stopper... there are plenty of players out there that come into this bracket.

imo it's not kaka, tranny, messi, rooney but....
There are not many players I'd class as a show stopper outside those 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.