a little birdie...Torres et al...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Theo555 said:
I really cant think of any more WOW signings than these 4 and Xavi/Iniesta

Our own sense of perspective seems to have been lost by quite a few in terms of being City fans.

We are not yet Barcelona, Real or, god hate saying it, Manure.

There are plenty of WOW signings outside of four names, in the context of where we are in our development, those attainable etc.

People are kidding themselves if they thought the likes of David Silva, Yaya, Robinho and Carlos Tevez were going to be City players two years ago.

It seems clear that we have kept certain options open for the very fact the World Cup was on and what opportunities might emerge.

We are attempting to now do that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

For those who accuse me of ramping up expectation, I do not see that being the case.

The OP was dulling previous expectation, more my own now increasing optimism as a blue and how we are doing business.
Agree totally and if our buisiness was finished now I for one would be over the moon . But I will say it's the club who have put our heads in the clouds with the kaka attempt eto, and the capture of the likes of tevez .Thus making us believe that maybe just maybe these world star rumours could be true.

tolmie said that there was an issue with tevez a couple of months ago and city had promised tevez that the club will be signing players of world stature. this sounds to me that a showstopper signing would at least partly be designed to satisfy tevez.

so i'm going for higuain or forlan.

i was about to post the same thing, Fabregas is in the league considered as a WOW signing. lets just look at the league players and see who are reputably wows. the yardstick will be lower for this one

- Fabregas
- Rooney
- Gerrard
- Lampard
- Malouda
- Drogba
- Vidic
- Bale
- Torres
- Evra
- Essien

thats all i can gather. the others are already in our squad. i think our wow is a PL player, and one of those in the list.

Pigeonho said:
leewill31 said:
casillas is more than a possibility for the club as a target and if i remember rightly we have had a previous bid rejected by him some time ago!

all so this keeps on ringing bells with me recently

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/06/27/1997879/real-madrid-and-spain-captain-iker-casillas-reveals-interest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... s-interest</a>

i may be way off but he is definitely a wow player for me!

More than happy with the keepers' we have to be honest.
I'm not a big Casillas fan, he nearly dropped the bollock of all bollocks last night. He's no real improvement on Shay or Joe.

BenchillBlue said:
Pigeonho said:
More than happy with the keepers' we have to be honest.
I'm not a big Casillas fan, he nearly dropped the bollock of all bollocks last night. He's no real improvement on Shay or Joe.
This, and I seem to remember England v Spain at OT a few years ago. Rooney slammed into Casillas to let him know he was there, and he was a complete shit head after that. Against the likes of Drogba et al in the box he'd be a liability. Shay is on a par with him, and Hart will be better.

Tolmie posted " if their is the slightest chance of the possibility". This is my wild guess - why not Xavi ??. We all think he would never leave Barca but as they are so set on Cesc and they already have Iniesta ; - and Arsene seems intent on making the deal for Cesc as difficult/with a high a price as possible do we help Barca fund it?. The " Piss people off" part comes from us paying an enourmous price for a player who is ( Not sure about this) 29 or 30??

A bigger name than Ibra certainly and I dont think Mr Cook or Mancini would be prepared to gamble on a " Marquee" signing that may not come off such as Torres or Kaka ( injuries) - other names mentioned just dont seem to fit as well and I think it would be unanimous across the Forum and the Football World that it would be money well spent.

An outside chance of the Premiership title to genuine contenders if we pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.