a match boycott is a must

mansour's tow ropes said:
as supporters of the english league champions wouldn't we look like complete wankers if we all didn't turn up to a game?
What, when an organised mass boycott across 92 clubs all do it as well?<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:28 pm --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
citykev28 said:
Then you have the problem that season ticket holders aren't going to boycott something that they've already paid for.
I would if it was a national weekend of action.
I would too and I know a good twenty others that would.

Caveman said:
as supporters of the english league champions wouldn't we look like complete wankers if we all didn't turn up to a game?
What, when an organised mass boycott across 92 clubs all do it as well?

-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:28 pm --

cleavers said:
citykev28 said:
Then you have the problem that season ticket holders aren't going to boycott something that they've already paid for.

We'll be away against Southampton.

This is the weekend we go for:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerbase.com/matches/results.sd?date=2013-02-09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerbase.com/matches/resul ... 2013-02-09</a>

Caveman said:

no, if it was a national thing then it would have a huge impact. but if only city fans walked out on a game it would be shit

SWP's back said:
Good idea, I wasn't going anyway.

if there's a boycott and no turns up who going to be there to persuade those that turn up not to go in?

wouldn't civil disobedience be a bit more impactful ? for example buying a pie taking a bite then saying its crap and getting your your money back that way no profit for the club and unsellable goods will play havoc with queue times if done properly though

Was looking forward to Southampton its cheap as chips to fly down and back

Why Always Ste said:
Caveman said:

cleavers said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerbase.com/matches/results.sd?date=2013-02-09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerbase.com/matches/resul ... 2013-02-09</a>
It needs to be done through a nationally recognised organisation such as FSF, if a few City fans unilateraly say it will be this date or that, nobody will take a blind bit of notice and it will fail.

The FSF can use their contacts amongst fans, and they have many, to get an agreement to do it, long before going off half cocked on twitter/facebook.

If it turns out half hearted it will be a failure, and probably ruin any chances of a future attempt, and will give the clubs the reason to continue to hike prices.

johnbmcr said:
SWP's back said:
Good idea, I wasn't going anyway.

if there's a boycott and no turns up who going to be there to persuade those that turn up not to go in?

wouldn't civil disobedience be a bit more impactful ? for example buying a pie taking a bite then saying its crap and getting your your money back that way no profit for the club and unsellable goods will play havoc with queue times if done properly though

Was looking forward to Southampton its cheap as chips to fly down and back

No doubt the flight costs will double on the weekend we play there.

Every fucker is on the take, not just clubs, and it's Football Fans that get the piss taken out of them far too often.

cleavers said:
Why Always Ste said:
Caveman said:

It needs to be done through a nationally recognised organisation such as FSF, if a few City fans unilateraly say it will be this date or that, nobody will take a blind bit of notice and it will fail.

The FSF can use their contacts amongst fans, and they have many, to get an agreement to do it, long before going off half cocked on twitter/facebook.

If it turns out half hearted it will be a failure, and probably ruin any chances of a future attempt, and will give the clubs the reason to continue to hike prices.
Correct.

There was a poster on here recently (think he was the head of one of the Supporters Clubs) who said he was contacting the FSF about boycotting the Arsenal game. Not seen owt from him in here since and with my great memory I've forgotten who it was. Wonder if he got a contact from anyone...

johnbmcr said:
You've obviosuly never heard of industrial action then ?

Its the same principle, fans up and down the country effectively organise a "one day strike", and stadiums need to be respectfully, and peacefully picketed, with people using persuasion with those that want to go in. Both sets of fans of each club playing (home and away) picket their match, and their own fans.

If people seriously want the stupid prices to stop, its the only way to go, and it needs support from as many sets of fans, in as many divisions as possible, even non league where prices are also too high, and though I hate them, the media also need to come on board with the fans. Get MP's involved too, many of them are football fans, and I'm sure if organised well, they would be only too happy to jump on the bandwagon. Even some players might join in, if asked, but it HAS to be properly organised, with proper consultation with the right people, with proper explanation of how its to be done.

It will take months to get organised properly if it was to have any significant impact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.