a match boycott is a must

Re: a match boycott is a must!!

CTID1988 said:
XxRachXx said:
ell said:
I think you have totally missed the point. ONE match boycott to get the costs down not only so people can keep going but people with more disposible income get to save money aswell? Unless you would rather a football owner has your money than yourself

That one match could cost them the league ...

Women eh

What about us

BezzMCFC said:
Theres only one way to attempt to put a stop to these clubs ripping us off.

An organised boycott.. prices will carry on going up unless we as fans act.

Let me know which match you are not going to and maybe i can buy a ticket.

Prices to high end of, something needs to be done. In Wigan programme £19 to Norwich for Wigan fans

citytill1die84 said:
Every away game plus beer and travel well I've a £1000? It's £950 for just ya tickets you'd be looking more like £3000 that's just league games but nobody is forcing you to go. I prefer away game the banter is much better and I love traveling with my cool bag full of beers.

At last- a posistive post about following city away-all this moaning about prices,not real city fans,tourists, no one standing..its all bollocks.

i travel away regular and still see a good number of old faces, but happy to welcome new blues too-why not?
Any away crowd is just what it is on that day-they are the folk watching city now-do people expect to see tits out debs and helen with her bell or maybe lee dixon singing blue moon..got news for you, for whatever reason you won,t -those days are gone, things change..dont be too hard on the so called tourists..quite a number of our players are simply passing through our club too, with no plans to remain for ever, get over it.

or simply don,t go.

I dont think not turning up is the answer as it could affect the way our team plays. Just do things like refuse to buy and food or drink in the ground.

BlueHalli said:
I dont think not turning up is the answer as it could affect the way our team plays. Just do things like refuse to buy and food or drink in the ground.

Many already do that...or just don't buy the food or drink as they cannot afford it.

And how can having no support affect the one team if both Home/Away support are involved in the boycott?

I agree about the organisation and with FSF/Media this is superior but momentum has to start somewhere.

BlueHalli said:
Again, someone missing the point.

Why Always Ste said:
johnbmcr said:
SWP's back said:
Good idea, I wasn't going anyway.

if there's a boycott and no turns up who going to be there to persuade those that turn up not to go in?

wouldn't civil disobedience be a bit more impactful ? for example buying a pie taking a bite then saying its crap and getting your your money back that way no profit for the club and unsellable goods will play havoc with queue times if done properly though

Was looking forward to Southampton its cheap as chips to fly down and back

No doubt the flight costs will double on the weekend we play there.

Every fucker is on the take, not just clubs, and it's Football Fans that get the piss taken out of them far too often.
Supply and demand fella. You can't blame them for getting away with it if they can.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:53 pm --<br /><br />
citykev28 said:
Quite shocked at the attitudes shown by a few on this thread that I imagined would know better. It's all well and good for the younger supporters who have a lot of disposable income but before you lot came along, there was always thousands of others who kept the club going.

It's a tricky one to suss out because a national boycott would have to involve home supporters as well or as stated, the home sides would simply sell the away allocation to their own supporters. Then you have the problem that season ticket holders aren't going to boycott something that they've already paid for. The "I'm alright Jack, fuck you" brigade who are on this thread in numbers would also gladly throw a spanner in the works on any matchday food, drink, programmes boycott simply because they can. A proper selfish attitude shown by some which explains why it's got to this state in the first place.
That is harsh, it is hardly "I am alright jack" if someone wanted to attend a game they had already paid for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.