A minutes silence for Maggie!

Amazing that her death has drawn all the chavs and scumbags out into the open most of whom will be too young to have any coherent grasp of the politics of the time but don't have the fibre to formulate their own opinions on this or I suspect anything.

Listen dirtballs, I didn't like George Best. He played for our hated rivals. He was a selfish alcoholic who'd had a liver transplant but still drank himself to death. That liver could've saved somebody else's life but Best didn't give a fuck - ergo he was a selfish dirtball in my eyes, rightly or wrongly.

But when they had a minutes silence for him at Eastlands I stood there quietly because that's what decent people do when others are paying respect to somebody whose passing they mourn. And I'll do the same for Baconface and I'd do the same for Scargill or Benn or any of Thatcher's bitter rivals.

It's about respect you poorly brought up knobheads

Santiago Street . said:
Amazing that her death has drawn all the chavs and scumbags out into the open most of whom will be too young to have any coherent grasp of the politics of the time but don't have the fibre to formulate their own opinions on this or I suspect anything.

Listen dirtballs, I didn't like George Best. He played for our hated rivals. He was a selfish alcoholic who'd had a liver transplant but still drank himself to death. That liver could've saved somebody else's life but Best didn't give a fuck - ergo he was a selfish dirtball in my eyes, rightly or wrongly.

But when they had a minutes silence for him at Eastlands I stood there quietly because that's what decent people do when others are paying respect to somebody whose passing they mourn. And I'll do the same for Baconface and I'd do the same for Scargill or Benn or any of Thatcher's bitter rivals.

Good post mate, it is all about respect but I hope they don't have a minutes silence as it won't be observed by the very people you describe.

I am currently in the USA on business and they don't understand the vitriol being poured out. It does our country's reputation no good and frankly, I feel slightly ashamed

Santiago Street . said:

Where is the line drawn? What if Gary Glitter died tomorrow, and there was a minutes silence? Please don't answer "there would never be a minutes silence for him" as, if you do, you're missing the point! At some stage there comes a line over which a blanket "respect" is no longer acceptable, for some Thatcher will have crossed that line. They will see her as a selfish individual who actively sought out to destroy their life, by bankrupting their employer amongst other things.

I'm not claiming this is my viewpoint, I was only a child during Thatcher's time as PM, and was still in Secondary School when she resigned, so my feelings towards her aren't particularly strong one way or the other. However a great deal of people on my Grandmothers side of the family worked at Bradford Colliery and, whilst Thatcher had nothing to do with that closing (as it did so in the late 1960's) they felt very strongly about her handling of the miners strike in the 1980's and throughly despised her.

There are a lot of lecturers on this thread who have been watching too much bbc.

I for one hope there is a minutes silence around the grounds so the sychophants can hear what the public thought of her.

So dry those dianna like tears and put your fuckin' ear plugs in.

When was the last time we had a minutes silence for a non-football person who died? Keep politics out of sport.

I hope there isn't one on Sunday or at next Wednesday's game.

If there were a minute's silence for MT on Sunday, I would politely have to walk out until it was over. I would rather be seen as disrespectful than a hypocrite.

People say it's about respect, but I have absolutely no respect for her or what she stood for. I have no desire to celebrate her death or to rejoice in it, but nor do I intend to stand in silence pretending she was great, allowing the sycophantic media eulogies to re-write history.

Santiago Street . said:

Ding dong.

The perfect fumble said:
Josh Blue said:
A classic bit of divide in rule by the Government. A classic bit of distraction as the economy starts to decline quicker.

I'm having a bit of difficulty imagining Thatcher popping her clogs as a distraction for the welfare cuts, but then again, she was a conviction politician.

:)

notreallyhere said:
If there were a minute's silence for MT on Sunday, I would politely have to walk out until it was over. I would rather be seen as disrespectful than a hypocrite.

People say it's about respect, but I have absolutely no respect for her or what she stood for. I have no desire to celebrate her death or to rejoice in it, but nor do I intend to stand in silence pretending she was great, allowing the sycophantic media eulogies to re-write history.

That's fine, you would show respect by not making a noise, and showing your feelings by not joining in. But you and I know that most anti folk would disrupt it and that would cause unnecessary tension in the ground. Best not to do it IMHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.