A minutes silence for Maggie!

Matty said:
Santiago Street . said:
Amazing that her death has drawn all the chavs and scumbags out into the open most of whom will be too young to have any coherent grasp of the politics of the time but don't have the fibre to formulate their own opinions on this or I suspect anything.

Listen dirtballs, I didn't like George Best. He played for our hated rivals. He was a selfish alcoholic who'd had a liver transplant but still drank himself to death. That liver could've saved somebody else's life but Best didn't give a fuck - ergo he was a selfish dirtball in my eyes, rightly or wrongly.

But when they had a minutes silence for him at Eastlands I stood there quietly because that's what decent people do when others are paying respect to somebody whose passing they mourn. And I'll do the same for Baconface and I'd do the same for Scargill or Benn or any of Thatcher's bitter rivals.

It's about respect you poorly brought up knobheads

Where is the line drawn? What if Gary Glitter died tomorrow, and there was a minutes silence? Please don't answer "there would never be a minutes silence for him" as, if you do, you're missing the point! At some stage there comes a line over which a blanket "respect" is no longer acceptable, for some Thatcher will have crossed that line. They will see her as a selfish individual who actively sought out to destroy their life, by bankrupting their employer amongst other things.

I'm not claiming this is my viewpoint, I was only a child during Thatcher's time as PM, and was still in Secondary School when she resigned, so my feelings towards her aren't particularly strong one way or the other. However a great deal of people on my Grandmothers side of the family worked at Bradford Colliery and, whilst Thatcher had nothing to do with that closing (as it did so in the late 1960's) they felt very strongly about her handling of the miners strike in the 1980's and throughly despised her.

So in your world raping children is as bad as making unpopular ( to a small yet hysterically vocal minority) economic policy decisions is it ?

Santiago Street . said:
Matty said:
Santiago Street . said:
Amazing that her death has drawn all the chavs and scumbags out into the open most of whom will be too young to have any coherent grasp of the politics of the time but don't have the fibre to formulate their own opinions on this or I suspect anything.

Listen dirtballs, I didn't like George Best. He played for our hated rivals. He was a selfish alcoholic who'd had a liver transplant but still drank himself to death. That liver could've saved somebody else's life but Best didn't give a fuck - ergo he was a selfish dirtball in my eyes, rightly or wrongly.

But when they had a minutes silence for him at Eastlands I stood there quietly because that's what decent people do when others are paying respect to somebody whose passing they mourn. And I'll do the same for Baconface and I'd do the same for Scargill or Benn or any of Thatcher's bitter rivals.

Where is the line drawn? What if Gary Glitter died tomorrow, and there was a minutes silence? Please don't answer "there would never be a minutes silence for him" as, if you do, you're missing the point! At some stage there comes a line over which a blanket "respect" is no longer acceptable, for some Thatcher will have crossed that line. They will see her as a selfish individual who actively sought out to destroy their life, by bankrupting their employer amongst other things.

I'm not claiming this is my viewpoint, I was only a child during Thatcher's time as PM, and was still in Secondary School when she resigned, so my feelings towards her aren't particularly strong one way or the other. However a great deal of people on my Grandmothers side of the family worked at Bradford Colliery and, whilst Thatcher had nothing to do with that closing (as it did so in the late 1960's) they felt very strongly about her handling of the miners strike in the 1980's and throughly despised her.

So in your world raping children is as bad as making unpopular ( to a small yet hysterically vocal minority) economic policy decisions is it ?
Please tell me you're on a wind-up. I'd hate to think somebody really was as thick as that statement would imply if it was meant to be a serious comment.

Prestwich Blue

You're just a bored contoversialist mate who trys to come across as an intellectual in the billions of posts you "contribute" every day. I can see through you in a minute.

I shan't bite

Now, I'm no lover of LFC or its fans, Reading's chairman is pulling a proper ****'s trick if he has a minutes silence for the 96, then includes Thatcher.

Ding Dong

Santiago Street . said:
Prestwich Blue

You're just a bored contoversialist mate who trys to come across as an intellectual in the billions of posts you "contribute" every day. I can see through you in a minute.

I shan't bite

I shan't bite but instead go on a mad tirade instead. Go back to bed and get out to other side this time.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:06 pm --<br /><br />
Santiago Street . said:
Prestwich Blue

I shan't bite

I shan't bite but instead go on a mad tirade instead. Go back to bed and get out to other side this time.

mcmanus said:
Santiago Street . said:
Prestwich Blue

I shan't bite

I shan't bite but instead go on a mad tirade instead. Go back to bed and get out to other side this time.

-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:06 pm --

Santiago Street . said:
Prestwich Blue

I shan't bite

Definitely worth saying twice mate, top post

Santiago Street . said:
Matty said:
Santiago Street . said:

Sweet Jesus, did you actually read what I wrote, or just decided to make a sensationalist statement based on nothing I'd remotely stated or implied?

My usage of Gary Glitter was to demonstrate an extreme. People run the gambit from the likes of Adolf Hitler at one end of the spectrum to Mother Theresa at the other. My point was not eveyone deserves to be respected en masse simply becuase they were a well known figure, and died. Their actions when alive should dictate the amount of respect they are afforded when they die. Gary Glitter clearly should fall on the "no respect given" side of that line for the vast majority, in the same way as Ghandi should fall on the "respect paid" side of the line for most. Thatcher is one of those people who fall in the "grey area", some will respect her whereas others will hate her with a passion and afford her no respect whatsoever. So, no, I was not equating paedophillia with far right political actions. A sensible, intelligent human being could see that in an instance.

ErnieBilko said:
When was the last time we had a minutes silence for a non-football person who died? Keep politics out of sport.

I hope there isn't one on Sunday or at next Wednesday's game.
Exactly. I hate the way football is used as some sort of barometer for the moral fabric of the country, especially as we're all slammed as being wankers when someone inevitably ruins it.

Why is it always football and football supporters that get dragged into things like this? What about the thousands of people who will go to the theatre, ballet, cinema, shopping centre, restaurant, pub etc this weekend? Will the authorities demand they all stand up and pay their respects to someone who is utterly irrelevant to the activity they're about to undertake?

It's nonsense to even contemplate pushing this issue onto football supporters as it has fuck all to do with football.

Ronnie the Rep said:
Santiago Street . said:

Good post mate, it is all about respect but I hope they don't have a minutes silence as it won't be observed by the very people you describe.

I am currently in the USA on business and they don't understand the vitriol being poured out. It does our country's reputation no good and frankly, I feel slightly ashamed

In before the commies on this board slander america but everyone I've talked to back home(America) is pissed off about the positive press she's getting there and finds all the shit people are doing funny .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.