A question for those who think corruption is happening.

without a dream said:
I don't really want to wade into the rags debate but isn't it fairly widely alleged that a referee who was once losing his hair was/is involved with far east bookies?

Yes and he was the fourth official last night! He was taking bets at half time that te scum would win 2-3

123456789 said:
referee are afraid of fergusson.his experience...
untd are lucky in that sence.
Corruption is an hard thing to prove if it does exist at the highest level. However, this guy as it right. Officials are scared of Taggart's wrath (or his breath) and therefore decisions will always favour the scum. Last night when I saw that Walton was the middle-man (no pun intended!!) and Twattenburg was the 4th official, I knew even at 2 - 0 that B'Pool would not win. ESPN pundit claimed that Utd never lost a game in which Walton referee'd - we on the other hand have never won a game he ran!!

johnmc said:
CBlue said:
You need to research how this is done. They don't ask them in the car park before the game.

There is nothing to research though mate.

When we get a decision our way, as we have had a few this season, are we influencing the ref??

I don't know. You would have to do some research to answer that question.

Marseille were a brilliant team, playing really attractive attacking football & were storming the French League & conquering Europe...someone did a little research & what happened next?

So far, corruption has been uncovered in Italian, French, German, Belgian, Dutch & Austrian football. You don't want to know about Eastern Europe & Russia especially. Yet somehow, the most lucrative league in the world has been spared? Especially when the league is made up of players from Italy, France, Germany, Belgium...

Like I said - go away & do some research.

Greenjob said:
123456789 said:
referee are afraid of fergusson.his experience...
untd are lucky in that sence.
Corruption is an hard thing to prove if it does exist at the highest level. However, this guy as it right. Officials are scared of Taggart's wrath (or his breath) and therefore decisions will always favour the scum. Last night when I saw that Walton was the middle-man (no pun intended!!) and Twattenburg was the 4th official, I knew even at 2 - 0 that B'Pool would not win. ESPN pundit claimed that Utd never lost a game in which Walton referee'd - we on the other hand have never won a game he ran!!
So what hand did he have in their 3 goals then? Or were they not down to a better second half than their first half?

there is a huge match fixing trial currently underway in a german court, involving several players from Bundesliga 2 and league 3. But there was also one CL-match (Fiorentina vs Debrecen) and a world cup qualifier involved.

Really shocking is how many players are highly addicted to gambling and have gambling debts to those criminals. A former St.Pauli player addicted to gambling (and everyone in the team knew it) recently confessed, how he should manipulate a St.Pauli match to pay his gambling debts. Unlucky for him, they scored a last minute equalizer. In the tv report you see all players celebrating except him.

and not to forget Robert Hoyzer, the ref who was paid by the bet-mafia for his famous penalties
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp5R1wcxTuw[/youtube]

Ruhr said:
there is a huge match fixing trial currently underway in a german court, involving several players from Bundesliga 2 and league 3. But there was also one CL-match (Fiorentina vs Debrecen) and a world cup qualifier involved.

Really shocking is how many players are highly addicted to gambling and have gambling debts to those criminals. A former St.Pauli player recently confessed, how he was paid by those guys for a St.Pauli defeat. Unlucky for him, they scored a last minute equalizer. In the tv report you see all players celebrating except him.

and not to forget Robert Hoyzer, the ref who was paid by the bet-mafia for his famous penalties
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp5R1wcxTuw[/youtube]

That's the giuy I mentioned before - unbelievable decisions - some would have you believe that those decisions were just down to human error.

CBlue said:
johnmc said:
There is nothing to research though mate.

When we get a decision our way, as we have had a few this season, are we influencing the ref??

I don't know. You would have to do some research to answer that question.

Marseille were a brilliant team, playing really attractive attacking football & were storming the French League & conquering Europe...someone did a little research & what happened next?

So far, corruption has been uncovered in Italian, French, German, Belgian, Dutch & Austrian football. You don't want to know about Eastern Europe & Russia especially. Yet somehow, the most lucrative league in the world has been spared? Especially when the league is made up of players from Italy, France, Germany, Belgium...

Like I said - go away & do some research.

Like I said there is no research to do. The clubs and leagues mentioned were caught.

How long was that going on at Marseille? These accusations have been levelled at the rags since I can remember. 20+ years. Same to the Italy and German issues. Or are you saying it is just this season? They didnt win the league last year so I presume that means they werent influencing refs then?

And they only "sound out" domestic refs obviously. Never bothered with european as their record shows they cant have been.

Its too far fetched. You are talking about widespread corruption involving referees, one club, a betting ring and a number of seasons and on that basis there is nothing to research

I await another 'corrupt' decision to go in your favour, eg NDJ on Ben Arfa or the decisions you had at Blackpool for a similar uproar.

I have accepted that United get their fair share if decisions, the Neville sendings off were ridiculous and we were v lucky to get away with them. On the flip side, the Drogba goal last season sealed the league for Chelsea and this season, Lee Bowyer could have been sent off for a challenge in Gibson prior to their equaliser, which should have been ruled out for a foul and/or handball.

To claim United have built success on corruption is absurd and you need to give your head a wobble if ou think that way.

johnmc said:
Dirty Harry said:
Well it goes on the world over mate tbh, sounding out possible suitable candidates for certain roles in organisations as someone said, it`s not a quick chat in the carpark, it`s a lot more complex than that and with regards to disallowing Blackpools goals last night, well that would definitely arouse suspicion wouldn`t it ? What you have to remember is that nothing is set in stone, it could easily be about an official OR a player just being given the opportunity to influence a game, as I mentioned before think Grobelaar, Hans Segers etc.

Personally I`m open minded about it all but think it would be folly to dimiss the possibilities altogether.

It is going on undetected all over the world is it. So us, on a message board are aware of it, but no one else in football can see it. I guarantee you the same discussions are going on about Barca, Bayern, Milan etc etc. The big teams do tend to get decisions as refs are worried what might happen to them if they make the wrong decision. Its not because they are getting paid.

Those players you mention got caught. How have the rags, who have been supposedly doing this for years, gone undetected.

World football is littered with such scandals, searches on the net will show this, the point is, neither of us truly know the full extent of it all one way or the other or what it may involve, as I mentioned before, the Grobbelaar/Segers incidents, do you think they were the first and only ones involved and they got caught the first time they ever did it ?

The trouble in our game is that many think we are whiter than white and above and beyond any kind of reproach when it comes to illicit dealings, we are not, history has shown this, as I said at the start I believe there is what I`d call a `pecking order`, an order in which we Man City are moving up for a myriad of reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.