A question on Georgi Kinkladze

Also, whilst undoubtedly enjoying 5-6 stellar performances at Maine Road, his influence in away games was marginal bordering on one fantastic goal at Middlesbrough in the PL, but not much else

Off the top of my head it was a long time ago Oxford , Oldham and Swindon , Villa away
How many of those games were in the PL (as per my original observation)?

Clearly extremely gifted in some aspects. As good a dribbler as you could wish to see on a pitch.

It takes more than that to be a truly top class player in general. Looking at his full career, I think its hard to say he was a top player, despite having gifts that pretty much any player would kill for.

Who knows, maybe at a stable club with time and great coaching he might have been a top class player.

Some say Pep wouldn't want him, maybe, but then we have Doku who isn't a million miles away in terms of how they approach the game in wanting to beat players and whatnot. And Kinkladze definitely had decent end product too.

So as gifted as he was, he never really proved to be a top player. Whether he could've been under different circumstances is pure speculation.

Lots of great players didn’t fulfil their potential for many reasons. I suspect Kinky didn’t want it enough.

Balotelli was a crowd favourite but has wasted talent.

This is why cult hero is a different category to club legend.

I think Mooney did a whole podcast episode on this subject a while ago haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.