A question on Georgi Kinkladze

You might have a point mate, if my memory serves me right and it rarely does these days didn't Ajax try to force him into a left wing position rather than his very much free roaming role?

His main adversary was food by the looks of it, but from what I remember he was as good as any of the fancy Dan players that I have ever seen. (Blue tinted glasses notwithstanding)
They did. They were going to sell the ‘best player in the history of the world’(©️ Alison Rudd) to Barcelona but he didn’t go so Kinky got moved off to LW and saw his arse. Ended up training with the reserves in his second season. Year after he went to derby Litmanen went to Barca after all..

Still the best individual performance I have seen by City player been going since 82 season ticket for over 30 , never seen anything like it , crowd going mental every time he got the ball
Incredible. Glad I was there to witness it.

Newcastle top of the league at the time and flying under Keegan.

never hard the work rate or desire to get near Pep's team, good individual player but was never a team player plus all the opposition had to do with him was kick him and he disappeared , similar to Rosler good individual players for us when we were shite but the fact we suffered 2 relegations with both of them speaks volumes

Alright mate? Was wondering how long it would take until you contributed.

We both loved Kinky in an awful team. The one bright light.

His ability was beyond question. I’ve got a feeling that Pep, football’s greatest coach, would have harnessed his ability and made him into a great.
I'm alright Mike, how are you? I agree with all you have said about Kinky. I think Pep's man management skill and his love for small skillfull players would have transformed Gio and got the best out of him. Unfortunately we will never know . Right player wrong time.

never hard the work rate or desire to get near Pep's team, good individual player but was never a team player plus all the opposition had to do with him was kick him and he disappeared , similar to Rosler good individual players for us when we were shite but the fact we suffered 2 relegations with both of them speaks volumes

If Royle haven't dropped him for 8 games preferring to play a 39 year old Beardsley or both Whitley brothers we would have stayed up ( championship )

There was invariably something to play for right until the end of the season every year back then. We didn’t do mid table mediocrity and supporting City was always stressful be it for the right or wrong reasons.

Typical City personified. Pretty good or really bad. No in between.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.