A reply to Mancini's MEN advert in La Gazzetta Dello Sport

mad zab said:
MSP said:
Just looked at prices in m local newspapers and the full page ad goes as much as 3-4k pounds, and that's for papers sold in 20-30k pcs per day.

You might try with smaller, non full page ad otherwise you might have problems collecting needed amount.

Well if 150 to 250 put 20 quid in, that is 3000 to 5000 quid

Job done!

Except Gazzetta is selling in 7 digits daily most probably :)

madden150 said:
Really like this idea, its sets us as apart from other clubs in so many ways. Don't care that 'managers are sacked all the time' and its 'over the top', we waited so long and the man achieved more than we ever dreamed in 3 small years, he deserves a great amount of appreciation, well done blues and please get this done!! It tells others who we are and why!!

There is a very good chance something like this could have a big knock on effect with how we're viewed by players etc too. It shouldn't be underestimated if a player is umming and arring about coming to us what our reputation as fans would do to help that choice. Everyone loves to be loved.

A full page ad in the Sunday Mirror would set you back £39k - just to give an idea. No idea how this relates to La Gazetta of course.

For what it's worth I think this is a great idea, and would happily contribute.

Ask the mods to set up a quick sticky or even a vote thing and ask people how much they would donate. Would give you an idea. Just say have options of £5, £10 and £20. The reason I say the vote thing is because you have to be a member and you can only "vote" once so even if someone is taking the piss the most they could distort the figures is £20

Would give a rough idea of how much bluemoon would raise and that in turn might tell you whether the idea is viable. Obviously not all the money will come from bluemoon members but if you got near 50% of the total I'd say its viable.

If an ad in a national newspaper is proving to be too expensive what about a billboard in his home town? It would soon go viral on twitter through the national papers

Rudgey said:
If an ad in a national newspaper is proving to be too expensive what about a billboard in his home town? It would soon go viral on twitter through the national papers

Great idea

Rudgey said:

Indeed.

All multi-media platforms would pick up on it.

If Gazzette are playing hardball, there are other cheaper options. The interweb is the most powerful media tool today.

hype said:
A full page ad in the Sunday Mirror would set you back £39k - just to give an idea. No idea how this relates to La Gazetta of course.

For what it's worth I think this is a great idea, and would happily contribute.

British National newspapers seem to range from the Independent at about £13,000 to the Times at £28,000 to the Telegraph at nearly £60,000.

However, given the coverage this would get across the internet and in other papers, for example, all the major newspapers have their own story about Mancini buying the advert in the MEN, and apparently it was being reported on Italian national radio earlier today, I'm sure La Gazzetta will want it to happen which could result in a decent discount.

Adam's said he's negotiating with them and if he can make it happen he will. Fingers crossed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.