A reply to Mancini's MEN advert in La Gazzetta Dello Sport

It's a nice gesture, nothing more than that. Not a protest against the board or a new manager. Just a thank you for his contribution to the club.

Couldn't give a toss if people don't think it's necessary, no-one is forcing anyone to contribute.

Couldn't give a toss if any other supporters laugh at us for doing it. You'd think anyone who has followed the club for any length of time would be able to cope with a bit of banter from opposition supporters by now.

Looking forward to seeing the ad.

I'm struggling to see how any City fan who understands the history (and by that I mean actual history, rather than 'istree) of this club and what tearing that banner down meant, can take any issue whatsoever with that advert.

It's sad when people follow a club but can't see beneath the thin veneer of superficial statistics. Every club has a soul and Roberto Mancini, like Joe Mercer, will be forever interwoven into ours.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm struggling to see how any City fan who understands the history (and by that I mean actual history, rather than 'istree) of this club and what tearing that banner down meant, can take any issue whatsoever with that advert.

It's sad when people follow a club but can't see beneath the thin veneer of superficial statistics. Every club has a soul and Roberto Mancini, like Joe Mercer, will be forever interwoven into ours.

Well put pal

[quote="gordondaviesmoustache"]I'm struggling to see how any City fan who understands the history (and by that I mean actual history, rather than 'istree) of this club and what tearing that banner down meant, can take any issue whatsoever with that advert.

It's sad when people follow a club but can't see beneath the thin veneer of superficial statistics. Every club has a soul and Roberto Mancini, like Joe Mercer, will be forever interwoven into ours.[/quote]

Says it all for me. Shame that a minority on here are turning into another pro/anti Mancini thread.

And so say most of us

You can tell the seasons over, some would fall out with themselves if they looked in the mirror..
Fans want to thank bobby, some don't, FFS...great effort by the guys who put this together, !
I'm grateful even with ALL the money he had, that he got us up and running,!!
As for other fans laughing at us...!!! I've heard them laugh louder then this before now..
Blues, the king is died, long live the king..
This is the best period for our club EVER.. ENJOY IT...
Remember the big picture blues, !! "because it's just got bigger".....!!!!!!!!!!!

mancitymick said:

Well put pal
I wore your t-shirt to the gym the other day! It's a bit tight on me, it has to be said ;-)

Davs 19 said:
[quote="gordondaviesmoustache"]I'm struggling to see how any City fan who understands the history (and by that I mean actual history, rather than 'istree) of this club and what tearing that banner down meant, can take any issue whatsoever with that advert.

Says it all for me. Shame that a minority on here are turning into another pro/anti Mancini thread.[/quote]

Those who don't believe an advert in a newspaper is appropriate are ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. Just as those who believed Mancini should be sacked were ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. They should be able to voice their opinion without being insulted. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

hgblue said:
Davs 19 said:

Says it all for me. Shame that a minority on here are turning into another pro/anti Mancini thread.

Those who don't believe an advert in a newspaper is appropriate are ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. Just as those who believed Mancini should be sacked were ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. They should be able to voice their opinion without being insulted. Not a difficult concept to grasp.[/quote]

Pretty much what I posted. 'Not a difficult concept to grasp' ? Vaguely condescending , don't you think ?

No need to shout either mate. Enjoy your day .

Top post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.