A return to safe standing

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Rodney said:
Does anyone posting here actually go to watch the game?

Never encountered so many people who take pleasure from standing up, do you have chairs in your house or do you prefer the better atmousphere that standing up seemingly creates?

On the off chance that your serious, my answer would be that an atmosphere in my house enhances nothing, therefore I do indeed have seats ?
My question to you would be if you prefer to sit and watch the game in a controlled analytical manner (which is fine for some, each to there own of course) do you stay at home and watch on TV when the games are televised. You get clear views and instant multiple replays, therefore this must be your prefered option ?

Youve got me there!

Rodney said:

Never encountered so many people who take pleasure from standing up, do you have chairs in your house or do you prefer the better atmousphere that standing up seemingly creates?

Ever been to church? They want you to stand up and sing, rather than sit in your seat and sing. The vicar wants you to sing your hearts out for the lord....... same at football.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Rodney said:

Ever been to church? They want you to stand up and sing, rather than sit in your seat and sing. The vicar wants you to sing your hearts out for the lord....... same at football.

Not arguing with you but I just cant get my head around standing=better atmousphere. Loudest ground in the Prem is Stoke from what I have read, dont remember them all standing up when I last went there.

SS117 said:
We stand up in our singing sections anyway, we just need to sing more & get the boring guys out & bring in people who want to create an atmosphere.

It's commendable that City have backed thei dea of a singing section, and standing is bound to come along with that.

My only worry is that these things are too temporary and potentially delicate:

Newcastle is a great example:

Up until about a decade ago, they didn't really hadn't had a proper singing end since the terracing went.

Then a group of lads at the back of the top tier of one stand started standing and singing...got no hassle from stewards.

Eventually a campaign led to the stand becoming known as a singing end and everyone there stood.

But this summer, the owner got revenge on fans who hate him by getting rid of that end and now, everyone has to sit down and shut up.

If there was a legislation that means safe standing can be brought back, it would avoid people getting hassle off stewards week in, week out.

it wasnt standing that was the problem it was the fences, wiv no fences how can there be a safety issue wiv standing?

vitty said:
SS117 said:
We stand up in our singing sections anyway, we just need to sing more & get the boring guys out & bring in people who want to create an atmosphere.

It's commendable that City have backed thei dea of a singing section, and standing is bound to come along with that.

My only worry is that these things are too temporary and potentially delicate:

Newcastle is a great example:

Up until about a decade ago, they didn't really hadn't had a proper singing end since the terracing went.

Then a group of lads at the back of the top tier of one stand started standing and singing...got no hassle from stewards.

Eventually a campaign led to the stand becoming known as a singing end and everyone there stood.

But this summer, the owner got revenge on fans who hate him by getting rid of that end and now, everyone has to sit down and shut up.

If there was a legislation that means safe standing can be brought back, it would avoid people getting hassle off stewards week in, week out.

As the club has agreed that the South Stand will be trialled as a singing section (thereby unofficial standing section) for the Villarreal game, there is support there from the club, unlike at Newcastle, and can't see it being a passing fad.

A case for safe standing has been well made at various levels, maybe in time common sense will prevail and there will be areas where fans can stand and areas where fans can sit.

FFS this subject has been flogged to death. Its never going to happen and the majority of people have accepted that we are seated now.

Apart from us and Chelsea most clubs don't have a pot to p*ss so why are they going to start ripping out seats and putting in stands.

STANDING IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN GET OVER IT.

Mike D said:
FFS this subject has been flogged to death. Its never going to happen and the majority of people have accepted that we are seated now.

Apart from us and Chelsea most clubs don't have a pot to p*ss so why are they going to start ripping out seats and putting in stands.

Look at more info about it and then say it isn't getting increasingly likely?

In 57 days the Bill about Safe Standing is going to have it's second reading. Could happen as early as next season

marios stress ball said:
Mike D said:

Look at more info about it and then say it isn't getting increasingly likely?

In 57 days the Bill about Safe Standing is going to have it's second reading. Could happen as early as next season

Not a prayer mate never going to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.