A sense of perspective

This is I think what this thread was all about.

A week ago we did what nobody else has ever done.
Yep, and even on this thread some are doing that very human, mentally destructive thing of obsessing on the negative. This will go down as a legendary season. I'll use that political phrase, 'Let's not allow the perfect to be the enemy of good'.

Stones wasn't Pep's first choice in the final league games, he barely played. Maybe because he was so poor vs Chelsea at Wembley that Dias had to replace him at half-time. (Not sure, but maybe it was Stones who played Garnacho onside yesterday.)

Ake looked a bit rusty. Which was far from optimal against quick forwards. It became clear yesterday why Akanji and Dias were the preferred CB pair, even though they weren't at their very best recently.

Pep knows the importance of squad harmony. Maybe he underestimated United. That's why he didn't start with our very best team thinking we could get away with giving minutes to players who are not in top form. That was the mistake.
It's unfair I think to put any blame on the CB selection because Kev, Bernardo, Haaland and Foden didn't play well either, should we have not played them either?

The mistake for their first goal also came from Gvardiol who has been fantastic recently and he still actually had a good game otherwise so it's difficult to really put blame on anyone.

Either way we could of got the goal and we missed a ton of chances. United came with a gameplan and they outran us in the first half which just about paid off, that's the only difference really.

Given the fatigue from last season, physical and mental, and the injuries to key players, we did fantastic to win three trophies, especially a 4th in a row title.

Proud with the club, the manager and the players. Heroes.

Stones wasn't Pep's first choice in the final league games, he barely played. Maybe because he was so poor vs Chelsea at Wembley that Dias had to replace him at half-time. (Not sure, but maybe it was Stones who played Garnacho onside yesterday.)

Ake looked a bit rusty. Which was far from optimal against quick forwards. It became clear yesterday why Akanji and Dias were the preferred CB pair, even though they weren't at their very best recently.

Pep knows the importance of squad harmony. Maybe he underestimated United. That's why he didn't start with our very best team thinking we could get away with giving minutes to players who are not in top form. That was the mistake.
I think this is near to what happened concerning the CB selection. We don't know the reason for the pairing but I suspect it may be "let's give John a run out" decision. It clearly didn't work as he was all at sea, although a few others weren't far behind.

I think this is near to what happened concerning the CB selection. We don't know the reason for the pairing but I suspect it may be "let's give John a run out" decision. It clearly didn't work as he was all at sea, although a few others weren't far behind.
Could have been sentimentally or was Ruben involved in the Wednesday drinking lark...we don't know atm

It's unfair I think to put any blame on the CB selection because Kev, Bernardo, Haaland and Foden didn't play well either, should we have not played them either?

The mistake for their first goal also came from Gvardiol who has been fantastic recently and he still actually had a good game otherwise so it's difficult to really put blame on anyone.

Either way we could of got the goal and we missed a ton of chances. United came with a gameplan and they outran us in the first half which just about paid off, that's the only difference really.

Gvardiol was covering the CB's arses who played Garnacho onside and were nowhere near enough him afterwards. It was a string of mistakes starting with Ake and Stones, then Gvardiol and Ortega.

I think there's a big difference between being really pissed off we lost which is entirely understandable and some of the toy throwing shit that some on here have indulged in.

To lose to them when they are so much poorer than us is deeply annoying but those types of results are always going to happen now and again; no matter how good the players or team is, there will be times when they are off it. For all the crap the press have come out with, the rags were very ucky yesterday; things unfolded in a way that gave them a chance to win and fair play to the scum they took it, just about. We didn't fall off a cliff, we just had one of those days; just a crying shame it was against them in a cup final. That will still happen even if we get another 3,4,5 or 6 world class players in this summer or however many it is the Football Manager crowd think we need in.

The reality is we've been lulled into a false sense of security by the extraordinary exploits and intensity of our team of late. It's not normal to win almost everything all the time and anyone expecting it to remain so in the future is kidding themselves. This is not a farmers league, it has extraordinary amounts of money thrown at it and given the right circumstances lots of teams should be able to do us now and again. The fact they rarely do is down to our freakishly good manager and the quality players committed to his methods. Being pissed off about this result for a while is legit but we now seem to have some types who have forgotten they are supporting a football team not playing ea24.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.