A sense of perspective

I think it's not how we lost the final but who we lost it to is what hurt most of us. The rags have had some luck getting to the final but let them gloat because in the scheme of things they have had a very poor season.

Whereas we have fought hard to retain the title again, competed very well in the Champions league and but for the lottery of penalties we could have been returning to Wembley again whereas United have been a joke in the league and an absolute embarrassment in Europe. So from my perspective, we're in a far healthier position than the rags. They may see it as a second coming whereas most of us see it as another false dawn.

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit that you were wrong, and after losing Laporte, Gundogan and Mahrez I thought City would finish 2nd or 3rd and hopefully win a cup.

Highlight of the Season: Oscar Bobb's last minute winner at Newcastle.
Goal of the Season: Foden in the Bernabeu
Best moment: Haaland's penalty at Spurs
Best atmosphere: Molineux and Belgrade.
Biggest Tossers: Arsenal fans after the Emirates defeat.
Worst performance: Villa Park
Funniest moment: Rags complaining that City always get the easiest game, after being paired with Copenhagen (the same team that had just knocked the Rags out)
Most enjoyable Trip: Athens Super Cup
Most bizarre: Trying to say " We thrashed the Young Boys of Berne" whilst keeping a straight face
Biggest prick: Garnacho/Bellingham.

Champions: CITY

Already seen more rag shirts this morning than I have all year. Don't know how people can just brush off losing to those cunts. 5am starts all summer with African rag cunts chirping all day long. Least the lads had a good piss up last week ey and walkers mates had something to cheer.

I don't think they did. They got a couple of breakaway goals.
Er….their game plan was to score on the breakaway having stifled our attack with a packed defence. We hardly had a shot in the first half. What’s the definition of “played better”? Breakaway goals count just as much as tap ins after 35 passes.

Yesterday was irritating to me, nothing else. After the success we’ve had over the last 15 years I’d be embarrassed to be trying to banter the rags or Liverpool if we beat them in the FA cup final, when either one of them had just won the league 6 days earlier and made history with 4 in a row on the back of a treble. Yes, it’s a consolation for them no doubt and they’ve had a decade of hurt watching us lift trophies.

But to put it into perspective, it’s the 3rd biggest trophy available. It’s not one of the big 2. It’s the cherry on the cake, but we already have the cake, again.

Even if we won yesterday, a lot of the media judge us every season on whether we win the champions league. Winning the league is just about par for us in the eyes of some. This is Guardiolas legacy. The way they’re celebrating the FA cup like it’s the World Cup final because they beat us, albeit fair and square, by defending with 11 men in their own 3rd all game, again Guardiolas legacy with the power shift he’s made in English football & Manchester.

Any one of us would surely have signed up for winning the league and losing the FA cup final if it was offered the moment we lost to Madrid? Winning goes in cycles, we might be coming towards the end of ours with Pep, but enjoy it and relax over summer knowing we are champions again.

Er….their game plan was to score on the breakaway having stifled our attack with a packed defence. We hardly had a shot in the first half. What’s the definition of “played better”? Breakaway goals count just as much as tap ins after 35 passes.

It's what makes footy such a compelling sport.
The better team does not always win.

Probably the definition of played better is every stat being better bar the goals column, the rags didn't play well, they executed a plan very well though, it is totally different than playing well.

It is a lost opportunity for sure and that is a sickener but the reactions or overreactions on here have been embarrassing.

A well-known name on here has been on X saying it is time to sell and rebuild, then lists

my sales would be Eddie, Dias, Walker, Stones, Cancelo, Phillips, Nunes, Kovacic, KDB and Bernie. Football Manager, I know, but it's the best past of £400m and it's eventually needed for a fresh cycle to keep maybe Pep and City energised.

18k followers lol

They defended better than us, wanted it more than some of our players, and they took their chances (the second goal was very good), however, they were only better for about 20 minutes in the first half.
Exactly the Yoonitid miles better than us press narrative is nonsense, they defended very well but for the most part we bossed it and they sneaked it with an Ortega brain fart and Kyle switching off and not tracking the Cheadle Hulme Messi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.