A sense of perspective

We all feel shit this morning. However:-

It's nothing compared to how we'd have felt if Sergio hadn't buried that chance and we hadn't won the league in 2012

Or

If we'd lost/drawn to Villa in 2022

Or

If we had lost the CL final last year.

All were very close to happening. This one is annoying rather than soul-destroying as those would have been.

So today I’m actually not feeling to bad about the result and if it was a loss to any other team but the scum even less however
I think we can mostly all agree that this current team has a few players that are not at the level needed anymore.
They’ve been fantastic servants and will join a long list of legends that has got us where we are today.

The rags celebrations everywhere I look is virtually euphoria which actually shows where they are today, a team desperate to win anything.
Their park the bus 5-5-0 long ball over the top football from the mighty Man Utd shows you that they are just another average team in the league who game raised and got the job done.

Next season will be interesting to see where we go from here.

Ignoring all the 115 bollox will we still have pep? Will we have a year of transition and top 4 finish? Or will this fantastic team be able to wring out one more league win.

My sadly departed mum and dad both diehard blues never even got to see Sergio’s
First title winning goal but I am lucky to have witnessed the best team in the world
Win so much.

Ps sorry to the barcodes who were routing for us to get them in Europe but tbh the conference league is one you can do without.

At least we have our response song to their ‘20 times’ with the new ‘follow follow’ song
. Small things :)

Most blues have been realistic. Disappointed, angry even but accepting that rags played better than us. The bastards!
I think this is it mate. I think the real downer is they weren't great but we were so off beam, especially at the back. Grrrr...

I don't think they did. They got a couple of breakaway goals.

I'm not sure where this narrative that they were the better team has come from. The first goal was gifted to them, although admittedly the second was a good goal. But Alvarez and Haaland should both have scored for us and united hung on for dear life the entire second half.

So yes, they got the win, which is the only stat that matters. But the better team? I don't think so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240526_090406_LiveScore.jpg
    Screenshot_20240526_090406_LiveScore.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 16
They defended better than us, wanted it more than some of our players, and they took their chances (the second goal was very good), however, they were only better for about 20 minutes in the first half.

That goal looked good as our defence/midfield went awol.

The lineup was weird. On the one hand showing them far too much respect by picking Kovacic but then at the same time being complacent by picking our third & fourth choice CBs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.