A Stat Comparison of Tevez, Dzeko, and Aguero (Update pg 10)

Re: A Statistical Comparison of Tevez, Dzeko, and Aguero

What kills me with some City fans is that all they see is running or "putting a shift in".

If running around endlessly (sometimes like headless chicken too) was the KEY aspect of someone's game (like many here think it is) - Ussain Bolt would be on rag's team last summer.

But the fact is - it really doesnt mean that much, does it?

BTW - props to the OP, I would never have the nerves for this kind of analysis :-)

And like someone said - I would like to see statistical analysis of Edin's first touch (however I dont think that's even possible)...cause I honestly think that's another thing blown way out of proportions here.

EaglesFan said:
What kills me with some City fans is that all they see is running or "putting a shift in".

If running around endlessly (sometimes like headless chicken too) was the KEY aspect of someone's game (like many here think it is) - Ussain Bolt would be on rag's team last summer.

BTW - props to the OP, I would never have the nerves for this kind of analysis :-)

And like someone said - I would like to see statistical analysis of Edin's first touch (however I dont think that's even possible)...cause I honestly think that's another thing blown way out of proportions here.
What you call "running around endlessly" others call work rate and professionalism. 2 basic attributes every player should possess.

EricBrooksGhost said:
CB you presented stats yet claimed our eyes and brains lied to us about Dzeko being a lazy shit, yet also justifying it with this gem
"And maybe when the rest of the team see Dzeko being a lazy **** they work twice as hard to take up the slack."
I don't think you need to explain anything to me with that reasoning

I'm sorry, I've tried to be patient and explain every point you've brought up (including this one, about two pages ago), but you're just embarrassing yourself now.

pudge said:
What you call "running around endlessly" others call work rate and professionalism. 2 basic attributes every player should possess.

Last time I checked, goals and games won is what counts in the end. You can have players running nonstop, play possession with brilliant passing but if that does not result in 3 points - it's useless.

mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:

Last time I checked, goals and games won is what counts in the end. You can have players running nonstop, play possession with brilliant passing but if that does not result in 3 points - it's useless.
I didn't say otherwise.

I'm saying that they are basic attributes that every player should have. Can't see how anyone could argue that.

pudge said:
mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:

I didn't say otherwise.

I'm saying that they are basic attributes that every player should have. Can't see how anyone could argue that.
Exactly. Movement is paramount, it creates options for the man with ball and disrupts the opposition. It is essential for keeping possession without which you don't score goals but don't worry the patronising over the pond crew will descend on you armed with a pack of stats claiming you are blind. Oh and the sycophantic scouse monkey can rest assured I won't stop annoying him.

I don't need stats to confirm what I already see every game. Dzeko is wank in every department bar in the box and as we don't play to the one strength he has, he will never be a regular starter.

Today once again showed that Aguero and tevez don't always gel together either and we may need two top strikers to come in during the summer.

Tevez often plays deeper in the 4 2 3 1.

It is easier to have better stats if you are not picked for the bigger games.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I don't need stats to confirm what I already see every game. Dzeko is wank in every department bar in the box and as we don't play to the one strength he has, he will never be a regular starter.

Today once again showed that Aguero and tevez don't always gel together either and we may need two top strikers to come in during the summer.

I completely agree that we don't play to Dzeko's strengths, and yet the stats still show he's about as effective for the team as Aguero and Tevez.

EaglesFan said:

The main reason München beat Barça and Dortmund beat Madrid so heavily was because every single player from both German sides ran round until their studs went blunt and the Spanish sides couldn't cope with the level of work rate the Germans had.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:12 pm --<br /><br />
CaliforniaBlue said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

I completely agree that we don't play to Dzeko's strengths, and yet the stats still show he's about as effective for the team as Aguero and Tevez.
They don't though, they just show that he scores a good number of goals for the minutes he plays. That's it, they don't show anything else. They don't show how the team has done. How many points have we won with the different strikers or combinations would be the most important stat, not how many goals an individual scores.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.