A Stat Comparison of Tevez, Dzeko, and Aguero (Update pg 10)

Re: A Statistical Comparison of Tevez, Dzeko, and Aguero

CaliforniaBlue said:
Corky said:
We are more effective when playing our 11 best players.

Our best performances this season for me were Newcastle home and away, Chelsea at home and United away.

Those were certainly all good performances, but they were mostly played with different striker combinations;
Newcastle away: Tev/Ag (start-80 min), Tev/Ag/Dz (72-80 min), Ag/Dz at (80 min -end)
Chelsea home: Ag (start-54 min), Tev/Ag (54 min - end)
Newcastle home: Tev/Dz (start-70 min), Tev/Ag/Dz (70 min - end)
ManU away: Tev (start - 70 min), Tev/Ag (70-92 min), Ag (92 min - end)

This is a tiny sample, and the team goals for/against are therefore statistically insignificant (the high score at home against Newcastle badly skews the data), but the key goals in 3 out of the 4 games listed were scored when Tevez and Aguero were on the field together;

Newcastle away: the first 2 goals of the 3-1 win
Chelsea home: both goals in the 2-0 win
United away: the winner

If you're one of the many people who still can't wrap their heads around the stats I've presented, perhaps it's because of the (statistically) small number of memorable moments when Tevez and Aguero have successfully combined to make the difference in a game in which we were also playing pleasing football?

How often have we played two up front?

We normally have an interchangeable front 4 from what I can see.

The choice of full backs makes more differences from what I have seen, but the weaker ones are picked for the easier matches, just like the rest of the team bar Hart, Kompany, Yaya and Silva.

AntiUnited said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
AntiUnited said:
They dont give a shit. running around is more important then putting the ball in the back of the net.
Your ignorance and arrogance hold no bounds. Two fundamentals of Barcelona's game is movement off the ball when in possession and pressing when not in possession; guess what that involves running. Movement creates space and options, it disrupts the opposition's defence.
I genuinely think you've never kicked a ball in your life.

Thats one way of playing football... the other way is playing with a striker in the box and feeding him balls from the wings and proper through balls. if i remember correctly barca had the ball more but still got dicked 4-0. so much for that theory ehh ?
Unbelievable, you truely are clueless. You have had a go at us "They dont give a shit. running around is more important then putting the ball in the back of the net" suggesting its the English mentality of putting a shift in is how we judge player, yet when we point out that running and hence movement is paramount to how one of the best teams for the last few years plays the game you drag up their recent defeat ignoring their previous achievements. In addition do you think that Bayern defeated Barcelona by standing around, stifling the game and chucking a few crosses in from the wings. You really need to read a conversation between Didier Deschamps and Jean-Claude Suaudeau, it may help you understand, that playing a game for a change.
You are a trolling sycophantic scouse monkey who does not support City; what the feck you are doing on here I do not as it's certainly not talking sense about football.

EricBrooksGhost said:
AntiUnited said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Your ignorance and arrogance hold no bounds. Two fundamentals of Barcelona's game is movement off the ball when in possession and pressing when not in possession; guess what that involves running. Movement creates space and options, it disrupts the opposition's defence.
I genuinely think you've never kicked a ball in your life.

Thats one way of playing football... the other way is playing with a striker in the box and feeding him balls from the wings and proper through balls. if i remember correctly barca had the ball more but still got dicked 4-0. so much for that theory ehh ?
Unbelievable, you truely are clueless. You have had a go at us "They dont give a shit. running around is more important then putting the ball in the back of the net" suggesting its the English mentality of putting a shift in is how we judge player, yet when we point out that running and hence movement is paramount to how one of the best teams for the last few years plays the game you drag up their recent defeat ignoring their previous achievements. In addition do you think that Bayern defeated Barcelona by standing around, stifling the game and chucking a few crosses in from the wings. You really need to read a conversation between Didier Deschamps and Jean-Claude Suaudeau, it may help you understand, that playing a game for a change.
You are a trolling sychophantic scouse monkey who does not support City; what the feck you are doing on here I do not as it's certainly not talking sense about football.

i cant be scouse if im not English ?? so again calm down and take a rest thanks..

AntiUnited said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
AntiUnited said:
You are a trolling sychophantic scouse monkey who does not support City; what the feck you are doing on here I do not as it's certainly not talking sense about football.

i cant be scouse if im not English ?? so again calm down and take a rest thanks..
So come on then bright spark who do you support?

EricBrooksGhost said:
AntiUnited said:
EricBrooksGhost said:

So come on then bright sparkwho do you support?

why does it bother u so much ?

AntiUnited said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
AntiUnited said:

Because you are not a City fan but a troll as this thread proves.

EricBrooksGhost said:
AntiUnited said:
EricBrooksGhost said:

A ok im a troll happy u caught me can we move on now so u can annoy some 1 else ??

AntiUnited said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
AntiUnited said:

A ok im a troll happy u caught me can we move on now so u can annoy some 1 else ??
So having slagged us off about "running" and making a piss poor attempt to justify it what other gems do you have; I shall remind you of your earlier work of art

"You pretty much shat on the haters saying that hes fukin useless. and im sick and tired of hearing kun and tevez running while dzeko is doing nothing. stats dont lie hes just as effective and u dont need to run around for the sake of fukin running. "

Sums you up well

Dzeko will be gone in a month.

Next season we'll see how we do without him and how he does with a different manager.

In the games Dzeko was an unused sub we have; won 5, drawn 1, lost 0
In the games Tevez was an unused sub we have; won 2, drawn 2, lost 0*
In the games Aguero was an unused sub we have; won 0, drawn 0, lost 2

*We lost to Southamption when he was out of the squad for personal reasons not injury

There's a statistical comparison

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.